Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdo!
Has anyone any experiance with BSTWheels?
Would a 900ssIE rear wheel fit in a carby swingarm? The reason I ask is they list A BST wheel for the injection bike. The other question? Will I be able to keep the rear under slung caliper?
Any info or pics most welcome.

Cheers Pablo

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
It depends on if your carby has the steel or aluminum swinger, IIRC. I have the SP aluminum unit and a BST, as a few other guys here. The caliper should not be a problem. At the moment I don't have any pics as she is in the shop getting her new shoes put on, but others will give a holler here.

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
We have a used set of BST wheels in excellent shape that is coming off our Monster project bike.
It is 25mm front converted to fit the early 19mm front and 17mm rear axle.

The wheels will fit the early or late SS.

-M

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers for the quick replies.
The rear swingarm is alloy and have a set of radial calipers and forks from a monster S4 (I believe????) So need the front for them,thats one of the reasons I'm looking into the BST's. The disc spacings and front wheel spindle are different to the Marchisini on the Superlight. Any pics?

Cheers Pablo

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
If you have forks off of a S4RS or S4R 07+, it will have a 15mm offset.
You'll need to run the 999 wheel on the front with a 999 rotor.

If you want to use a Monster/916/SS front wheel you use a 6 hole/15mm offset rotor for that fork.

On a a early carb 900SS, you will need to convert the 25mm bearings on the BST wheel to 19mm. An inner spacer must be made to support the narrower 25mm bearing. This is the case with either the 15mm offset or 10mm offset forks.

We have a kit to convert the 25mm to 19mm for the BST wheels.

This is picture of our Sport Classic with S4RS front fork, 999 BST wheels and 999 Braketech rotors:

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Howdo!!
Thats one nice looking bike my man! Not sure about the red buttons on the discs. I've just got a Ti Front wheelspindle for the forks (Same as 1098 and 848) So I think I can fit a BST wheel from 1098,848 or Monster S4 in the front and a 900ssIE rear. Would you sell the rear????? Im uk based.
Its worth asking?? Any more project pics?? Like the work mate.

Cheers Pablo

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Another question??
I have a set of Braking wavy discs/rotors on the wheel at the moment will they fit the BST? The forks I have are the Showa radials.

Cheers Pablo

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Moto
Will my 7 spoke BST's 6x17 (1098) fit on a S4R swing arm ?? Will I need a spacer/adaptor . I'm putting together a Radical Duc goal is 115rwhp and 125kgs and the BSTs are a must.

JILES

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
Howdo!!
Thats one nice looking bike my man! Not sure about the red buttons on the discs. I've just got a Ti Front wheelspindle for the forks (Same as 1098 and 848) So I think I can fit a BST wheel from 1098,848 or Monster S4 in the front and a 900ssIE rear. Would you sell the rear????? Im uk based.
Its worth asking?? Any more project pics?? Like the work mate.

Cheers Pablo
We can sell you just the rear BST wheel. The 1098 BST front wheel comes only in a 7 spoke. We have new 999 5 spoke BST fronts in stock as well--so we can put together a package if you are interested. Please contact [email protected] for price and shipping costs.

Please click the links under my signature to see some of our other project bikes

-M

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
Another question??
I have a set of Braking wavy discs/rotors on the wheel at the moment will they fit the BST? The forks I have are the Showa radials.

Cheers Pablo
If you are using a rotor on your stock wheel--it will not fit the 999 front wheel.
the 999 front uses a 5 hole 15mm offset rotor.

The stock 900SS uses a 6 hole 10mm offset. You will need a rotor to fit a 999 wheel. We have some in stock.

-M

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
Hi Moto
Will my 7 spoke BST's 6x17 (1098) fit on a S4R swing arm ?? Will I need a spacer/adaptor . I'm putting together a Radical Duc goal is 115rwhp and 125kgs and the BSTs are a must.

JILES
Hi Jiles,
The S4r has a smaller axle and different offset than the 1098. The 1098 rear wheel won't work.

However, we are finishing up a group buy on 748-998 BST group buy. We should have some pretty good deals on the rear wheel left.

Register on our website for passwords if you have not done so. The sign up is under the log-in box. If you use the passwords, you will get acces to the group buy price.

or you can PM me for the GB price. I'll be checking in this weekend.

-M

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Howdo Moto!!

Just re-reading your posts. The front you have is for a 25mm spindle? (Just different bearings?) Can they be converted back? What discs would I need? Would the discs need spacing to fit the radial calipers? And how much?? Remember its christmas soon, got two kids to feed and an ex-wife (Goldigga) to pay for :D
PM a price for the pair (if you think the front will be ok? If not, price for the rear) Also UK based - But might have someone states based who can bring them back.
Nice stuff on your site....

Cheers Pablo

Attachments

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
Howdo Moto!!

Just re-reading your posts. The front you have is for a 25mm spindle? (Just different bearings?) Can they be converted back? What discs would I need? Would the discs need spacing to fit the radial calipers? And how much?? Remember its christmas soon, got two kids to feed and an ex-wife (Goldigga) to pay for :D
PM a price for the pair (if you think the front will be ok? If not, price for the rear) Also UK based - But might have someone states based who can bring them back.
Nice stuff on your site....

Cheers Pablo
The used BST wheels we have are 25mm front and 17mm rear.
They are for the 6 hole rotor. The wheels are $2400/set. They are like brand new and have very little mileage on them.

To determine which rotor you need- you will have to detemine which forks you have first.

If you have early S4R forks with 6 hole 10mm offset- any 748-998, SS early monster rotor would fit.

If you have the S4RS, 07+ S4R forks- you will need a 15mm offset rotor. The 15mm offset 998R rotor will fit this wheel and your forks.
You could space the 10mm rotors out 5mm as an option.

Those forks pictured look like the 10mm offset forks because the S4R forks have the standard fender mount. The 15mm offset S4RS forks that we have- have the front and back fender mount. However if they came off the 848 or 1098--they would be 15mm offset.

-M

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
Yes. It is a direct bolt on.

The BST wheels on the Motowheels monster are 25mm front and 17mm rear axle.
The front uses a a 6 bolt rotor.

The front on the 1000SS uses a 10mm offset with 6 bolt rotors. It has a 25mm axle.

-M

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi Martin,
Im being Mr Thicky with all this off set. With your BST front wheel and a set of standard SS discs fitted, would the distance between the discs be greater than a standard SS spacing? If that makes sense? I have measured the outside of the standard SS discs - 125mm. Which is to narrow for the radial forks. Im unable to measure between the radial calipers as the forks are away getting sorted. If none of this makes sense then you can see why the off set has thrown me:confused:

Cheers Pablo

1 - 17 of 17 Posts