Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First time at the new track up here and decided to take along a camera. Here are a couple of laps from 2 perspectives. As you can see I have a lot of work to do but I think I can be reasonably fast here. Sorry I am not very good at video editing, I don't even know how to add music :).

Attachments

·
Registered
253 Posts
Meh, moozic schmoozic, I'd rather listen to the motor. Nice job! On the riding and the video.

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool.
How did you mount the butt cam?
Rear cam is mounted using nothing more than flat stock, rubber washers and some bolts and lock washers. It was a quickly thrown together thing and I was surprised it didn't vibrate a ton. I would like to move the camera back a few inches so I think I will eventually try a Ram mount or something similar. I suppose you could use the stock plastic taillight housing somehow.

·
Registered
532 Posts
i would rather listen to the noise of the engine that a lot of music. Why the rest of these vidios are not like this beats me

·
Registered
470 Posts
Awesome! It was nice to see u were patient and waited for an appropriate time to pass slower riders on the outside even though if it were a true race u could have overtaken them sooner. I totally prefered the motor noise over any music and i think that was the first time i didnt mind being forced to stare at a guys ass:D

Id ride w u anytime! Seems like u have ur bike sorted out enough to be pretty quick. Mines holding me back but thats a good thing on the street i suppose:D

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the kind words guys, it certainly is a fun track to ride, can't wait to get back out there. Yes JCM5, Rich and I were ridding buddies that day, good fun! You going out there again?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Awesome video Bryce! I much prefer the sound of the twin vs adding music.

Are you planning on making it to the Ridge on August 20 for the Bellevue Ducati track day? I've signed up for it and will be bringing the 1000 SS over for my first track day on it and my first time at the Ridge as well. Won't know anyone there, so I would appreciate any pointers you might have.

Regards,

Jeff

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Awesome video Bryce! I much prefer the sound of the twin vs adding music.

Are you planning on making it to the Ridge on August 20 for the Bellevue Ducati track day? I've signed up for it and will be bringing the 1000 SS over for my first track day on it and my first time at the Ridge as well. Won't know anyone there, so I would appreciate any pointers you might have.

Regards,

Jeff
Hi Jeff,
Unfortunately I don't think I will be there on the 20th but don't worry there will be plenty of helpful folks around as well as many who are riding there for the first time. Take it slow to start until you learn the lines because you can see how many blind corners and rises/crests there are from the vid. I blew turn 4 coming over the blind crest my first session out and went off-roading.
I think the 2Fast group is running the day so they have good marshals/instructors, ask one to lead you around for a while until you get comfortable. There are vids up on you tube that are better than mine that can give you some more perspective as well. I'll try to scan my track map with my scribbles on it later.
Have fun!
Bryce

·
Registered
169 Posts
Sweet Video dude....
Like that cam angle..
That track looks super fun and pretty with all the trees in the back drop got to love WA...

·
Registered
307 Posts
I liked that vid. Good lean angle and throttle application coming out of the corners. Try not to use so much engine braking. That's what disc brakes are for. Good cam view and angle too.

·
Registered
26 Posts
i liked the camera angles. Wish we had something like that around here.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts