Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And I'm in love. As much as I love the GT (and I do) I love, love, love the 2006 dry clutch sport that got delivered Thursday last week.

A super clean, 3300 miles bike that was well cared for.

By Saturday at noon, I pulled off the wheels, tires, calipers, rotors, forks, clutch and airbox and replaced them.

Real pics to come when I get out in the sunlight with my camera, but here is the before and the after (siblings shot).

LOVE the "Road and Track" Ohlins forks. Holy cow these are magnificent. Considering ordering a pair for the GT, which I am keeping for the occasional woman-accompaniment.

Major mods were the ohlins forks and the ERV slipper clutch, which was a little bit of bitch to install but is glorious.

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
Very nice. How's the Shark exhaust sound?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Congrats! I agree there is something special about the dry clutch monopostos. I traded my GT for a Monster 1100S this spring, but picked up a 2006 Sport a couple of months later that gets most of the attention now. I sorta feel bad the Monster only has 1,800 miles on it and is the better bike of the two.

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
hey barfer - that looks awesome! glad to see that bodywork is back on the bike it came from :D

you have a badass machine there.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, dudes. I'm very excited about this bike. I'm almost equally excited about the fact that my wife didn't blink and is ok with me keeping both bikes.

I guess after 15 years of marriage she has finally given up on me.

I'll try to post real fotos tomorrow. I'm going to Thunderhill for another trackday on Nov 2 so if anyone else is going let me know. I'll post a ride report after I've put it through its paces, but I'm already in lust.

I'm running open air "beast" intakes--no filters and a PCIII. It is fun, fun, fun.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I'm running open air "beast" intakes--no filters and a PCIII. It is fun, fun, fun.
dayum Barfer. let it all hang out, why don't you?

Seriously jealous.

All the sudden today Fall decided to show up, (at least here in AYLAY), so I guess we'll have to wait a little, but I'd love to ride up with the gang and pay a visit... we could have a good time on Skyline and cause a few volvo station wagons to flick us off... would be so much fun. :abduct:

enjoy your sport. ride her hard, she can take it. I love that freakin' bike.

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Nice!

Way to go Barfer
I say you need two... for me it's the 900ss for solo and the GT for two up.
BTW I have Ohlins front and rear on my GT it makes a difference considering the stockers are non adjustable too...

I knew you were going to get another one HEHEHE LOL
sounds like your wife is a keeper too!

DUCS RULE …Rice grinders drool..

09 Ducati GT1000 Black and Gold; 14/40 with Ohlins F&R, Termis & Rizoma bling
95 Ducati SS 900 CR Red; 15/41 my new project…
81 Yamaha SR 500 total cafe project bike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts