Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,237 Posts
The forks look like they may have been lowered in the triple clamps,to lower the ride height That would alter the handling a bit.

·
Smut peddler
1,001 Posts
For the technical stuff, if you're dimensionally challenged like me (arms and legs, weirdo, get your head outta the gutter), 2" bar risers are a must. No need to extend the lines, it's a perfect fit for my midget ass. First long ride, my shoulders weren't happy. After the risers... perfection. Don't listen to all the Michelin goobers here either. PR 4's are a miserable, vibrating, corner pushing POS of a tire after 5k miles. So what if they last another 10k of doing that shit. PR 5 is just an unsiped version of it, with mud buggy tread. Get a set of Dunlop roadsmarts, way betterer, unless you plan to use it as a flats boat like the Michelins were intended for. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Another new owner so I’ll just ask this here. Do many of you feel the need for a single sided rear stand for tire changes? Having asked that so many of you remove your center stand for better clearance ?

TIA

Ken

·
Smut peddler
1,001 Posts
Didn't know there was a center stand option for the gen 1 multi. But I'd prefer the wheel stand anyways for that sort of job.

·
Registered
303 Posts
RE: lowered front end; I just Googled this bike and every picture shows the top of the forks protruding by an inch or more so I'm guessing that this is how it came from the factory.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I used to think they were the ugliest bike, but now I have a DVT and realize the 1100 was just ahead of it's time. Glad time final caught up to a good looking bike.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Congrats on the new purchase and welcome to the forum. Wow, this brings back memories. I put 80,000km on mine before I wrote it off in outback New South Wales - great bikes.

And i agree with all the positive comments and one negative - the battery cover. I got sick of it flying off and JB Welded a thread into the part the dzus fastener screwed into, and secured the cover on with a wing nut from the old dzus side. No more problems.

Re the gauges, the same happened to me on a particularly wet tour of Tasmania, necessitating its replacement with a used cluster.

On that same trip a crank bearing started getting noisy, eventually resulting in a rebuild.

One other fault with these bikes is the starting electrics. I highly recommend you replace the earth strap from the starter with a heavier duty cable and always maintain a fully charged battery, otherwise your sprag clutch WILL eventually fail. AMHIK.

I've now put 125,000km on my Multi 1200.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts