Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a new '06 749s today! Now I have to wait for insurance to kick in before I can ride it. Talk about temptation!

Thanks to all the excellent content on this forum I got a pretty good Ducati education -- and probably posted a few too many smart-ass comments. It's not the end tho, I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions soon.

I don't have a photo yet but Ducati was nice enough to post one on their web site for me:

http://www.ducati.com/bikes/my2006/ducatiModel.jhtml?family=superbike&modelName=749S-06

·
Administrator
12,438 Posts
Is it red?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Congratulations!

Doesn't time move backwards in situations like this? Insurance, weather, waiting of any kind to play with that new toy. You'll have it in for the 600 mile check-up before you know it. Enjoy!

·
Registered
741 Posts
I had this sitting in the dealer from December when I bought it until April when the snow melted, so no sympathy from me. ;)

·
Registered
148 Posts
mbohn said:
Picked up a new '06 749s today! Now I have to wait for insurance to kick in before I can ride it. Talk about temptation!
:confused: Explain this. I usually just make a call and get the binder faxed to the dealer and/or bank and good to go.

Oh by the way, congrats! :D

Ride Safe

·
Registered
749 Posts
mbohn said:

Thanks to all the excellent content on this forum I got a pretty good Ducati education -- and probably posted a few too many smart-ass comments. It's not the end tho, I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions soon.

I don't have a photo yet but Ducati was nice enough to post one on their web site for me:

http://www.ducati.com/bikes/my2006/ducatiModel.jhtml?family=superbike&modelName=749S-06
Well, well, Mark. Congratulations. Nothing like a Ducati. Drop me a line for a ride. Gathering several for a Saturday ride if interested. Could also take some lunchtime spins. Just returned from out of town and have some flexibility up ahead.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
congrats and welcome to the family....now...just keep the rubber side down!

·
Premium Member
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
dartfrog said:
Explain this. I usually just make a call and get the binder faxed to the dealer and/or bank and good to go.
The insurance company's computer has been down since yesterday and it is still not up!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Congrats...welcome to the fold.

Insurance kick in ?
Most companies offer instant coverage now or are you getting a "special deal" that requires waiting ?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts