Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I searched for other posts related to this issue, but came up empty. I can't believe I'm the only one to have this issue, so here goes:

I was servicing my battery with the tank up, and when i went to lower the tank it dropped with a little bit of force and broke the knob off of my turn signal lever on the left hand control (1998 SS). I know that many models' controls will match up, but ducati does not sell just the lever. Since this does not seem to be worth $225+ to fix, I am wondering if anyone else has any solutions?

Is there another place to purchase a replacement part for this? Is there anyone who has a novel idea to fix this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jim

·
Registered
80 Posts
Had the same problem so i drilled a 1,5 mm hole in the remaing piece.
Then screwed a 2 x 30 mm high strength steel bold in the hole, cut off the head of the bold and put a part of a pair of compasses on it. It should be a temporary solution but it's on for 8 years now....

Attachments

·
Registered
265 Posts
Hi all,

I searched for other posts related to this issue, but came up empty. I can't believe I'm the only one to have this issue, so here goes:

I was servicing my battery with the tank up, and when i went to lower the tank it dropped with a little bit of force and broke the knob off of my turn signal lever on the left hand control (1998 SS). I know that many models' controls will match up, but ducati does not sell just the lever. Since this does not seem to be worth $225+ to fix, I am wondering if anyone else has any solutions?

Is there another place to purchase a replacement part for this? Is there anyone who has a novel idea to fix this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jim
I have an extra left turn signal switch asssembly from a 1997 SS/CR that I replaced with one that I lucked out and found on eBay. It works fine, the turn signal switch is fine or you can use for parts. The actual case on the switch is broken and the high beam flash switch is cracked. Yours for $25 shipped to lower 48. Very expensive new. See pics. PM if interested.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
I know this is a old post, but do you still have that turn signal switch? I need to replace the horn and turn signal switches but not the unit. I would love to buy.

JBee

·
Excel Addict
5,134 Posts
Adhesives

Hi all,

Thanks,
Jim
There are amazing adhesives available. Maybe the brand names are different where you live. I have used Q Bond on fairings and many other things and it sticks like sh!t to a blanket. The kit in Oz comes with powders for filling black and grey plastics and metal as well. A mate told me a similar thing is known as Plastex. It might not be on the shelves (like where I bought it) so ask the counter dude.

Richard

·
Registered
8 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Turn signal lever

Thanks for posting that info chickenstrips. I ordered on via the link you provided and received it yesterday. One more piece down in the restoration.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts