Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey folks, I have an 06 sc1000 that I adore but the riding position is killing me. I have some old injuries on my left side from a crash years ago that make it hard for me to stay on the bike for long. Are there any mods you guys have used to make the riding position less aggressive? Higher clip ons? Less aggressive rearsets?

·
Registered
780 Posts
I'm old and had the same problem with my '06 Mono. I bought a GT top triple and put on a Renthal alloy tubular bar. Easy 1 hour bolt on mod that makes the riding position friendlier for senior citizens. Down side is the bike looks way better with the clip on's. Apex makes both a 3" and a 4" rise clip on that are very adjustable that might work for you. If you go too tall you are gonna need new brake and clutch lines. Many will suggest you to hang on tighter with your legs and be looser with your arms and keep the low cool looking clip on's...
There are lots of posts here from "back in the day" about other fixes like curved clip on bars that change the angle and raise the height a little. But if it's real comfort you seek maybe try a Goldwing.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I second Straducs comment. It's not only the lower mount of the clip ons but also the steep downward angle that made it hard for me. At first I swapped the 06 clip ons with a pair from a 08 Biposto. Worked wonders..in fact I did a 700+ mile day once.

Last year I finally got a GT triple and a Rizoma tapered bar and now it's a totally different bike. I highly recommend it. I had to get brake and clutch lines from a GT as well because my clip on length cables didn't suffice for the handle bars

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Yes the original clip ons for an 06 sport 1000 are brutal here are 2 sets I
used on mine that made a world of difference. The ST4 clip ons I found
to be almost to tall the 3" rise woodcrafts are what I like most. Here are
a few pictures the woodcraft next to the originals and the ST4 next to the
woodcraft the ST4 are as high as most handle bars would be.
Woodcraft.JPG

ST4.JPG

1 - 6 of 6 Posts