Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pictures first

Than I opened it, but I dont remember if this is the right place of the tiny thing going on in there as well

Its not my fucking day.
It happened as I was preparing the tank cover for wrapping, the gascap somehow went lose and in the process of trying to pry it back in the hole, I broke that part.

Now I know how you fit the cap back in the whole, but meanwhile I'm stuck with a broken hose connection to wich I dont know what the function is.
Must be important since it has a small ball, a spring and another cylinder piece....

And on this exploded view the gascap only comes as one fucking unit of +200 euro's
I couldnt find the piece seperately....

Am I fucked and obliged to buy a whole new gascap unit?
Keyless I dont trust and if I would buy the key version, how can I still use my key? the lock mechanisme can be swapped out?

thx

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
There are some excellent adhesives these days ... maybe some type of Epoxy? I'm still using 2 part Epoxy myself. I've broken off hose nipples like yours before and used 2 part Epoxy to repair it. Depending on the environment the epoxy is expected to work within (various fumes and/or fluids) sticking a plastic hose nipple back in it's intended place should work fine. I suppose the worst than can happen is ~it won't work~ and you'll be no worse off than you are now with the broken part.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
its the breather, for exicting fumes
so this is no biggy if not working properly?
Breather for fumes? ... or ... gas cap drain-back into the tank (for spilled fuel .. when refueling and a little bit gets around the fill-hole that fuel runs into the tank via that nipple/hose). Maybe?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
got if 'fixed' with superglue

I already put on the hose and pulled it out gently, without breaking, so far so good for when assembly is due after wrapping.

And i got the order of the tiny parts figures out. Its cool :)

There small whole in the actual gas tank that lines up with another small whole in the gas cap.
Both seen here.

The fumes first go pass a ball

The ball fits in a space with some tabs that make the ball sit center

The opposite space, therein goes the spring and the metal circular piece with a whole in the middle

after the fumes passed the metal ball, they go underneath into a kind of hallway

As you can see there are 2 paths.
First leads to a void it seems, and I guess when this is full, it goes to the last one, wich leads to the space with the metal circular piece with a whole.

That space also has a whole on the other side, seen here

That whole looks like this on the outside

Wich is where our tube is located....

The whole space is coverd up with the rubber piece that seals the gascap with the hole in the gastank

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
I did the same thing. My mechanic said not to sweat it unless I’m feeling like I wanna drop a couple hundo for a replacement. I’ve done 4 track days in 95+ degree heat with no issues.

Reactions: E-riko

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
aight, guess that evap system isnt that important for the driving bit, but is more there for environmental and emissions concerns.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sooooooooo, the wrap is planned due the week of September 7th :confused:
When I disassembled the bodywork, I didnt take into account the guy might actually be booked and busy as fuck...wich seems to be the case here.

Soo, gonna put everything back on so I can ride in the meantime.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts