Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed a Scott steering damper. I knew there was going to be trouble when the instructions said that the security coil ring located inside of the ignition key cover was held in by 2 tabs and a thin layer of glue.

My ring looked like it had been welded in with glue.:confused: I decided to try it anyway and after an hour of cutting out the piece, I thought I would make it. But...I ended up slightly separating the two halves of the rings that look similar to plastic bearing races. A few of the strands of copper wire escaped and at least two were broken trying to get them back into the race. I then glued the ring halves back together and stuck it in the new ring cover from Scott.

You guessed it...It does not crank due to IMMO code. I can get it cranked by keying in the five digit override code EVERY TIME I need to crank the engine.

To fix it I ordered a new ring ($50 down the drain). The real question is this: DOES ANYONE KNOW IF DUCATI HAS ALLOWED FOR A PERMANENT OVERRIDE IF YOU HAVE THE 5 DIGIT MASTER CODE FOR YOUR BIKE? IT SEEMS TO ME TO BE ALOT OF EXTRA B.S. IF YOU DO NOT WANT THE PASSIVE SECURITY CRAP ON YOUR BIKE.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts