Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Brno MotoGP

4290 Views 15 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Rainman
Has anyone gone to Brno for a MotoGP or for that matter a GP in last 5 years? I am interested and wanted to know about tickets, airlines. Like does everyone there have AK47s? Any info would be great. Thanks.

Dave Harhay
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
310 Posts
Brno

The Czech people are great. No AK's and they have the real Budweiser, not the licenced piss made of cabbage and corn leftovers in US.

I'm going to Mugello, last chance to see 340 km/h on 990 cc bikes.

· Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the information. Bill, the last I knew, the race was advertised to bhe held on Aug 20, have you heard of a change?

Yes, the both of us are planning to go. I have distant relatives 150km away. My father may go to visit them while we go to the GP.

We are flying into Vienna which is 150km from the relatives place.

I am concerned about logistics of getting to Brno, having a ticket. Where does one get a ticket?

Thanks.

Dave Harhay

· Registered
1 Posts
Yes, get ballistic

dharhay said:
Has anyone gone to Brno for a MotoGP or for that matter a GP in last 5 years? I am interested and wanted to know about tickets, airlines. Like does everyone there have AK47s? Any info would be great. Thanks.

Dave Harhay
Yes, everybody has the AK47s for there is either mafia guys on every corner or at least some carnivorous deer; we dont have cars, but riding wooden boards with the clay wheels is also a great way to commute; pack a lot of chewing gums and colourful glass beads to get rid of the omnipresent begging natives wrapped in rugs; some nylons provide you an unconditional gratefulness of local girls and definitely don´t forget to take some tooth paste, toilet paper and band-aids with you for there is no chance to get it around here.

Boy, I will give you as much as advices on getting around and I can help you with it (for example having relatives 150km away from Brno can most likely mean that flying to Vienna is nonsense for Prague or Bratislava would be way better) as you need and no nylons or Brooklyn chewing gums will be expected - but the first one is: Don´t expect Afghanistan.

· Administrator
6,177 Posts
Budweiser?

You see, one hoppy experience you can expect is this.

Pilsner.
I don't even put Buttwiper in that category.
Pilsner is a location in Czech Repub where they INVENTED it.

Try it!
Pilsner Urquell

GOOD STUFF!

You WON'T be disappointed.

· Registered
203 Posts
Pilsner Urquell!!(Brno GP threadjack)

Rainman said:
You see, one hoppy experience you can expect is this.

Pilsner.
I don't even put Buttwiper in that category.
Pilsner is a location in Czech Repub where they INVENTED it.

Try it!
Pilsner Urquell

GOOD STUFF!

You WON'T be disappointed.
Did someone say "Pilsner Urquell"? Oh yeah! Here I am on the brewery tour, my bud and I are down in the basement with the cask conditioned pils, the tour kept going on while we hung out with the old guy who poured the samples. When the main tour group left, he pulled out the big mugs from behind the big ass oak casks! WOO HOO!!! We drank a ton with that old guy!

Budvar is the original "Budweiser". The U.S. Budweiser is not in the same class at all! As a matter of fact, Budweiser has a lawsuit against Budvar that prohibits them from using the original Budweiser title!

Czech beer is really good stuff! :yeah:

Don:D

Attachments

· Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bill, when you can check out (no pun intended) www. brngrandprix.com. There are packages available that include quite a bit. Our plan is coming together and could be based on this. I'll try and get a reference or two.

Dave Harhay

· Administrator
6,177 Posts
Brno!

I am letting my better half handle the race arrangements.
She knows that place all too well.

And she is a Sete fan.
I am a Ducati fan.
Now we can root for the same. HA!

And yes, I agree, the czech beer is the bees knees!

DHarhay we should hook up and visit the Ducati area.
How's your czech speaking? :D

· Registered
455 Posts
I'm planning on going this year too. So far I've had about 20 hrs of one-on-one Czech language lessons (we're relocating there later this year), but am finding it almost impossible to learn.

Two beers please = dva pivo, prosim

That should be close enough to get you by.

· Registered
1,146 Posts
jaguara said:
Yes, everybody has the AK47s for there is either mafia guys on every corner or at least some carnivorous deer; we dont have cars, but riding wooden boards with the clay wheels is also a great way to commute; pack a lot of chewing gums and colourful glass beads to get rid of the omnipresent begging natives wrapped in rugs; some nylons provide you an unconditional gratefulness of local girls and definitely don´t forget to take some tooth paste, toilet paper and band-aids with you for there is no chance to get it around here.

Hahahahahaah, that one made me laugh.

BTW Trabant's are the only cars there and only the senior party members have them, right? :D

· Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bill, we are pretty sure we are going. I have a basic itinerary planned out. We got a hold of GP tours (I think that is right) and they have a package. The hotel is The Grand. It is across from the Railway station. GP has an area near the pits for viewing and I am not sure about walking around the turns and all that as of yet. The railway is important beacuse we will take that to Galanta, Monday, to see relatives.

Our flight plans are to leave NY and arrive in Brno airport, then get picked up by the GP folks.

We should hook up at some point and even before to exchange tips. I know nothing of the language and will not try. I am in the process of Italian classes and dont want any more to do.

Dave Harhay

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.