Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Should the UK Forum be a distinct entity from the european forum.

• Absobloodylutely, Old Chap! Who won the War anyway?

Votes: 19 76.0%
  • No, your Royal family is a bunch of middle class Germans, so you shall stay put!

Votes: 6 24.0%

• Total voters
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
I'll tell you boys, the Brits, the same thing I tell my Scotch/Irish mother-in-law. Way back when, you were all part of the Roman Empire. Your European by injection:D
The Scotch!!!?? WTf That is f&);"?ing hilarious. I would love just love to hear you say that in a pub in Glasgow. I would pay money to see this.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Demotivational Member
1,603 Posts
The Scotch!!!?? WTf That is f&);"?ing hilarious. I would love just love to hear you say that in a pub in Glasgow. I would pay money to see this.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

Send a plane ticket, I'm off till the end of March. Send two tickets, sounds like I might need my son for back-up:)

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
If they are not European, what are they? Is there some new continent we have not heard of? Is there a reason Yanks did not want to get into another EUROPEAN war and included the UK in that definition? Is there a reason the Normans reinvaded Brittania (back invaded or something like that) and ruled for a long time using French as the official language, but Brits still take offense to that even though they have Beef Eaters which is actually a French word (Beouf) intermingled with a good bit of Germanic/Viking (Normans were Norseman who invaded France from Britian and then came back again). There is so much bloody mixing in GB I have no idea how anyone can say they are not European (Maybe they are one of the lost tribes of Israel).
ahh we are just a small Island sitting off a large continent fighting for our identity....bit like Japan

·
Registered
71 Posts
When I was born, I was apparently a Briton from Great Britain; then gradually it appears I was no longer British, but some mixture of German / Saxon; Dane or Celt.....or even possibly French (Hugenot)......because of that, it appears that to be politically correct, I have to call myself English.

Even though the British Empire (reduced to being the Commonwealth) that Great Britain was part of, all of a sudden, it seems I'm a European................

.........or basically, F-knows what I am now......

....should I care?......Well, why F-ing not?

Besides, I can't find the f-ing link or whatever to click on to get onto this bit of the forum, without having to go round the houses of the Ducati chat / Ducatisti poll and then log in (again).

AL (AKA 'Arquebus')

·
Chilehead
6,979 Posts
Well, despite my voting to the contrary on both issues, we are now members of both the UN and Schengen.

However, thankfully NOT the EU!

Meanwhile UK, is UN and EU, but NOT Schengen.

Food for thought.

Tom

21 - 25 of 25 Posts