Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't wait.

Vale for the win
Dovi second
MM or Jaylo third.

A friend was telling me Honda and Ducati have worked out how to trick the marelli by sending it false signals from sensors or something to that affect.

Nice vid from Vale. Such a shame Yamaha haven't gotten ontop of the standard cpu yet.

https://www.facebook.com/764767803702593/videos/230518457575046/

·
Come in Spinner :)
8,545 Posts
I told you a while ago on here they are doctoring the IMU (the bit between the sensors and the ECU) and that's why Dorna have mandated a standard IMU next season.

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Top three will be, in no order;

Marquez
Rossi
Lorenzo

I may change my opinion before race day.

I told you a while ago on here they are doctoring the IMU (the bit between the sensors and the ECU) and that's why Dorna have mandated a standard IMU next season.
Where do you find this information? As in, where too look, not, I think you may be wrong.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I just noticed, in the video, there's a very short closeup of the right side foot peg area, and the rear brake pedal's return spring is a rubber band!

·
8,545 Posts
Where do you find this information? As in, where too look, not, I think you may be wrong.

I'm not wrong >:) try Google
https://www.crash.net/motogp/feature/276215/1/motogp-electronics-doping-the-imu

This shit is so important Yamaha have parachuted Michelle Gadda into MotoGP from their Superbike squad with immediate results.
The Movistar Yamaha squad brought Michele Gadda in from the Yamaha WorldSBK setup to help with their electronics issues, an area Viñales confirms there is still room to improve on: “On the electronics there is still a little bit of room to improve, which will be very important for the next races.”

Stoner was right, too much electronic aid for the riders.
Results should be decided by rider ability not who has the best programmer.
They have turned it into a video game.

·
8,545 Posts
I just noticed, in the video, there's a very short closeup of the right side foot peg area, and the rear brake pedal's return spring is a rubber band!
It's just an additional helper spring.

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
I've hated Silverstone for a long time now. It was 'unsafe' in it's classic layout so, it was mickey-moused up. repaved recently, too. Now we have this clusterfuck of an afternoon with a guy lying in hospital with multiple fractures (and more) after being hit by another bike that hydro'd off immediately after him. All of the riders say it's now unfit to race if it's raining there's so much standing water, everywhere. 'Safety' :wink2:

Reactions: paulmm600

·
8,545 Posts
You ride to the conditions just like the IOM, it's the same for everyone and the one who handles the conditions best wins, simple as that.
Life is not a video game.

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,081 Posts
You ride to the conditions just like the IOM, it's the same for everyone and the one who handles the conditions best wins, simple as that.

Amen. If I could somehow manage it Silverstone is one of those special places I’d love to ride. Spa would also be on that list. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
The riders are indicating the track is bumpier after repaving. Not a good result.

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
Indeed, you do. I was merely pointing out the fact that the the safetycrats insisted on destroying a track's layout in the name of 'safety' and the new layout/pavement doesn't drain water at all thus putting the running of the event at risk.

I am the first one to say that racing is highly dangerous. And, it OUGHT TO BE. To a point, of course.

Mulsanne Straight - 'too dangerous'. Install two chicanes - now 'safe'. Nevermind that the cars went nearly as fast, had to brake, went nearly as fast, had to brake, went nearly as fast, and..... had to brake. What's more dangerous accelerating to 235 once or 220 three times in the same space?

Silverstone was 'too fast'. Add a bunch of extra corners - now 'ok'. Nevermind that the corners that were fast were replaced with a number of corners just as fast.

and on, and on, and on...

My point in this is just as you said, pilot your machine to the conditions and your bravery. And, quit ruining tracks.

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,081 Posts
The riders are indicating the track is bumpier after repaving. Not a good result.

Watching the amazing slo-mo camera shots during practice and qualifying, yes the track is bumpy as all get out. I think it’s amazing watching how the best suspensions made handle it. Truly amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Yes! I adore the super slow-motion video showing what the bike is doing.

I heard/read that standing water was also worse than it was prior to repaving. Apparently the paving contractor was incompetent.

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
"The problem is that the slope of the asphalt was changed and the water is not able to drain off."

Unbelievable.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I hope you are all aware that the racing will now start either 1 or 1 1/2 hours earlier now. (That is if you are going to watch it live.)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts