Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have these fitted and if so, what are your feelings on their performance?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Hi Andrey-

Yes, I have them on my Aprilia and they are absolutely great.

I have Pilot Powers on the GT. They are very good, warm up quickly, and track well. At about 1500 miles on them the center of the rear has a slight flat spot.

The BT-016's on the Aprilia have about 1800 miles at the moment, and the rear hasn't yet got a detectable 'squaring'. The sides are incredible. Super soft, and crazy sticky even at severe lean angles. They warm up even faster than the Michelins, and handle great.

If I was doing mostly track days, I think the soft edges on the BT-016's would get overheated and greasy, so I'd probably pick the Michelins. But on the street, you can't believe how well they stick!

For whatever reason, the Bridgestones seem to be much cheaper online too- about $275 for the Aprilia's sizing (120/70, 190/50), about $75 less than a pair of Pilot Power 2CT's.

A recent Sport Rider test of several tires gave them the highest rating for the street, and just behind the 2CT's for street/track. Both were given slightly better ratings than the third place winner, the Pirelli Diablo Corsa III.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks John, thats what I had heard but also wanted to check if anyone has them on their SportClassic since bikes and tires don't always mix well. Hope to get more feedback....

·
Registered
421 Posts
Waspie has them on his Sport 1000- I'm sure he'll chime in soon.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I have them and absolutely love them. Put about 600 miles on them so far. Transformed bike compared to the stock Michelin Classic Shits.

TS

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Great tires

Have them on my wife's GSXR750 (1000 miles) and my ZX10 (2000 miles) before I traded it. They wear great, have plenty of traction, and lighten-up the steering. I'll be putting them on the streetfighter when the time comes.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Waspie has them on his Sport 1000- I'm sure he'll chime in soon.
Waspie does indeed have them, and "loves" them.
I started with them on the WASPmobileMK1 and moved them onto the S.
Im on my second rear now as I got a puncture in the original rear (at about 3/4 life thankfully).
I dont think they are real high milage tires but I dont give a shit...
The BT016R's warm up very quick, are realy soft at the sides, are super light, and stick like a boogie to your finger.
On a super hot day and a very smooth tarmac corner I have had the front push/slide off line (mid corner 50km/hr low lean angle), and the rear spin up out of a roundabout, but both were very controlable and actually gave very good feedback and warning.
When this set is worn, guess whats going on again.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Greg! sounds good!

·
Registered
210 Posts
WOW , I just pit these BT-016 on my 996S yesterday.
Have yet to scrub them and ride .. but they seem to be gaining momentum

·
Registered
473 Posts
I know this is goofy…. but I just like the way the Bridgestones look.

The Michelin 2CTs and Pirelli Diablos just look too modern with their big treads that lap over the side walls…….

The fact that the stick to the tarmac is just a bonus :)

Lee C.

Attachments

·
Registered
204 Posts
Do these pics answer your question?

I love these tyres, road or track they are fantastic, warm up very fast and last well considering the abuse I give them:):):)

R
I should point out I just took these tonight after a half day's track session yesterday, air temp was about 25C....hence why they look so scrubbed...they felt like 'Blue-Tack' when I came off track!!!!

:D:D:D

·
Registered
73 Posts
How do they feel compared to the stockers compliancy wise? Do they take some of the edge off of the crashing stock suspension?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts