Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got a new set of masters and started to install the clutch. Ran into some minor items;
  1. No mount for the microswitch, nor pin in the lever to trip the switch
  2. No hole to accommodate the handlebar pin that keeps the assembly from rotating
I thought these would be plug and play, so not entirely thrilled. The angle appears to be different, too, putting the levers closer to the grips.

Is it possible to remove the handlebar pin, or does it need to be ground down? Bad idea?

I don't see any easy way to rig the microswitch. Has anyone removed it? I assume it responsible for no-start in gear. Thoughts?

TIA

·
Registered
468 Posts
Finally got a new set of masters and started to install the clutch. Ran into some minor items;

1. No mount for the microswitch, nor pin in the lever to trip the switch
  2. No hole to accommodate the handlebar pin that keeps the assembly from rotating

I thought these would be plug and play, so not entirely thrilled. The angle appears to be different, too, putting the levers closer to the grips.

Is it possible to remove the handlebar pin, or does it need to be ground down? Bad idea?

I don't see any easy way to rig the microswitch. Has anyone removed it? I assume it responsible for no-start in gear. Thoughts?

TIA

I will look when I get home. I have the RCS 19 and recall it being a fair amount of work to fit. I will say that I know that the pin has to come out or be ground down. Those pins are not there for security, but to speed up the assembly line.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, gents.

Any thoughts on the microswitch? I discovered these banjo bolts with pressure switch, which seems like the ticket.

Does anyone know if the existing microswitch wire is detachable at some point along the path, or what the path actually is? I hate to cut up and splice wires in case I want/need to revert to stock again. Plus I always feel like I'm creating another potential point of failure.

Thanks again for the info.

·
Registered
468 Posts

Here’s the underside of my RCS 19. The micro switch is mounted, but I’m struggling to see how. I forgot to look last night, so sending this pic from my ride right now. Can get better details when I get to the garage with proper lighting.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Here’s the underside of my RCS 19. The micro switch is mounted, but I’m struggling to see how. I forgot to look last night, so sending this pic from my ride right now. Can get better details when I get to the garage with proper lighting.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Wow, thanks for taking time out of your ride to post!
@hypermo is correct; there are two plastic pins that hold it in place on the master. Your pic is exactly what the stock clutch looks like -microswitch mounted to the underside.

The brake (RCS 19) has this, but the clutch (RCS 16) does not, which I find odd.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ran into another fitment issue; the OE masters' have a bolt hole on top which the hand-guard bolts onto. The RCS's have no bolt hole.

Think I'll end up returning these and attempt to replace the seals on my existing MCs, or at least tear them down and clean them up. Still pondering...

·
Registered
468 Posts
So my bad. I forgot you were starting clutch-side and sent pictures of the brake pump.

Here’s how the hand guards fit on the clutch side. And yes, I’ve got a pressure switch on top of the banjo.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So my bad. I forgot you were starting clutch-side and sent pictures of the brake pump.

Here’s how the hand guards fit on the clutch side. And yes, I’ve got a pressure switch on top of the banjo.

No worries -totally helpful. I appreciate it.

Here's what mine looks like. You can see the small bolt at the top that helps secure the hand-guard to the MC:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts