Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I realize this is not really ST related, but y'all are a lot more willing to volunteer info. than many of the other forums.
I recently scored a set of Ohlins forks that came with a pair of four-pad, gold painted radial calipers. The only markings on the calipers are "5J27 4,5" and "5M22+ 4,5" on the other. These stampings are on the bottom.
The forks were mounted on a 996S, but could have had any kind of ducati wheel setup installed. I'm mostly curious if they might be a 1*98 type setup.

TIA for any insight....

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I "Think" I remember you will get a full part number inside the calipers. This is best read if the calipers are split. Maybe of little use but ....

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
I've just had a look at the only 996S parts PDF available on Ducati.com (2001) and it doesn't have radial calipers.
Although you say they were mounted on a 996S, it seems that they must have been retro fitted, and as you say, have probably come from some other bike.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've just had a look at the only 996S parts PDF available on Ducati.com (2001) and it doesn't have radial calipers.
Although you say they were mounted on a 996S, it seems that they must have been retro fitted, and as you say, have probably come from some other bike.
Hello, Mark
I believe they are R&T (aftermarket) forks with the radial carriers. But so far I haven't found any part #'s on the fork ends either. So, there's the possibility they are OEM from a newer bike.
They do sport "GMT-Computrack" stickers (a reputable racing suspension rebuilding outfit) so I'm pretty certain they are in good order.

Thanks for looking....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts