*Brembo T-Drive W/ ???
*BrakeTech AXIS/Irons w/ Ferodo STAC
Or any other recomendations.
Please
Thank You

·
Registered
221 Posts
I've got Braketech on my R1 (full floating Iron) and Brembo rotors on the 996 both with Brembo calipers - now they're both good but the Braketech is better!!!

·
Banned
1,224 Posts
I have the braketech axis iron rotors with DP Titanium Sintered brake pads. They are INSANE!!! I had to adjust my master cylinder they bite so hard. I like it that way though. 5th gear pinned down to 2nd gear is no problem, hell probably could come in even hotter.

Definately dig the new DP Titanium pads though.

·
i'll be here till my 85!
1,102 Posts
funds?

BrakeTech, but if you can get the funds, go for this set up on the Yamaha M1...it has glowing reviews!!!
a mere 10K will do... :)

·
Registered
620 Posts
I used to own a pair of Braketech ductile iron discs. An error must have occurred during manufacturing because they are the worst discs I've ever had. EVER! They were vibrating like madness.

I contacted Braketech and long story short, they do not offer what I would call excellent customer service. And that's an understatement!

Luckily, I bought the brake discs through Motowheels and they always come through for their customers so they offered me a refund in the end.

I'm not saying Braketech brake discs are all bad but the combination of a faulty product and a manufacturer who isn't willing to rectify the problem doesn't bode well. I will never ever buy another set of Braketechs in my life.

·
Old Wizard
3,000 Posts
I recommend the BrakeTech rotors. Iron rotors have a higher coefficient of friction than stainless steel, which means you'll get more stopping power, everything else being equal.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I recommend the BrakeTech rotors. Iron rotors have a higher coefficient of friction than stainless steel, which means you'll get more stopping power, everything else being equal.
Thanks for the help everyone. Im looking at getting a dry clutch w/ slpipper for 848. The only thing im worried about is burning it out in NYC traffic. What are the pros and cons about dry vs wet clutches? Any problems with the dry clutch mod on the 848?
thanks
Oscar

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Betterr for what? Is key question.
Better by design, check out how the rotor contacts the carrier, (look at Breaktech websight) a much better design than having the buttons alone to take up the force.

I have a set of the ductile iron ones, they are AWSOME! in braking power & feel. Aloha Alex

·
Registered
48 Posts
BrakeTech all the way. I have them on my 749R. The stopping power, initial bite, and the amount of feel I get from them are insane.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Absolutely love the Axis rotors with the Ferodo pads. Probably the best money I've spent on my 996. Pricey, but worth every penny.

·
i'll be here till my 85!
1,102 Posts
Dry is one thing, slipper another

Thanks for the help everyone. Im looking at getting a dry clutch w/ slpipper for 848. The only thing im worried about is burning it out in NYC traffic. What are the pros and cons about dry vs wet clutches? Any problems with the dry clutch mod on the 848?
thanks
Oscar
i don't know about the 848 but dry should be no problem. Slipper however are known te be a nightmare in traffic and need special combinations with master and other cylinder to be able to get away smoothly...

my DP corse clutch is a disaster and my Duc shop keeps telling me I should change to normal dry, slipper is for track or lethal riding..

check the forums on slippers...

i gues the dry clutch will rattle along nicely... :)

Koen

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i don't know about the 848 but dry should be no problem. Slipper however are known te be a nightmare in traffic and need special combinations with master and other cylinder to be able to get away smoothly...

my DP corse clutch is a disaster and my Duc shop keeps telling me I should change to normal dry, slipper is for track or lethal riding..

check the forums on slippers...

i gues the dry clutch will rattle along nicely... :)

Koen
Thanks, Im getting a clutch slave. Im not sure witch brand/size to get though. I have Brembo masters already so Im doing Spiegler lines. I dont know what else to do to my bike. I have good brakes, suspension, exhaust, tires, wheels, cf and a few cosmetics here and there.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
thanks
Oscar
ahhh! don't do it! The wet clutch on the 848 is so nice, you'll regret the dry clutch before long. Dry clutches may look cool and all, but they wet clutch is so much more practical. Honestly, if there were a wet-clutch option for my 749, I'd seriously consider it.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ahhh! don't do it! The wet clutch on the 848 is so nice, you'll regret the dry clutch before long. Dry clutches may look cool and all, but they wet clutch is so much more practical. Honestly, if there were a wet-clutch option for my 749, I'd seriously consider it.
Ok, I was going to do a slipper for my wet clutch but I doubt that Im even going to do that. I want to but alot of people are giving me alot of cons over pro.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts