Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to rebuild the front Calipers on my 900SP while i have the front end in pieces & replace the seals...I've read that Brembo stopped selling Kits after a law suit & that you can't get them for love nor money..(which is strange because Gawanlochs here in Sydney sell a GP P4 30/34 Piston & Seal "Kit" which is 4 pistons & 4 seals ..(No dust seals or O-ring) along with just about every other Brembo calliper seal kit)

Question is …Is it an urban myth that a certain KTM super Duke 2000 - 2002 model or something like that has the same callipers & you can buy just the seals only from KTM ?
Has anybody actually done this & been able to buy the seals from a KTM dealer?
If so i'd love to know the description or part number to steer me in the right direction..Cheers

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
Question is …Is it an urban myth that a certain KTM super Duke 2000 - 2002 model or something like that has the same callipers & you can buy just the seals only from KTM ?
Has anybody actually done this & been able to buy the seals from a KTM dealer?
If so i'd love to know the description or part number to steer me in the right direction..Cheers

Not a myth. The last two sets of seals I bought (couple years apart) were from a KTM dealer in TX. I don't have the PN anywhere that I can remember. If you look back far enough in my posts you'll find it in at least one thread.

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
aaahhhhh HA! found the receipt. I orderd them (both times) from Munn Racing in Waco, TX. The part number is 58713021000. 'repair kit seal rings Duke 02'. you'll have to order one of the part number to do each caliper.

if you were in the States, I'd offer to sell my spare calipers (new seals/leak tested).

·
Registered
866 Posts
Try Yoyodyne. They have seal kits for some caliper types but not all as some have been discontinued.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
aaahhhhh HA! found the receipt. I orderd them (both times) from Munn Racing in Waco, TX. The part number is 58713021000. 'repair kit seal rings Duke 02'. you'll have to order one of the part number to do each caliper
Great Info mate..Thanks
I just ordered 2 kits online from the KTM supplier in Australia & miraculously they're in stock & i should have them tomorrow!!
Don't know why i'm surprised ...but i am...heheheh
Here's the details for any Aussies looking to rebuild their Calipers
Welcome to Mototech Motorcycle Technology
KTM part No. 58713021000. 'repair kit seal rings Duke 02' aud$26.67

1 - 6 of 6 Posts