Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Does anyone have a pair of these laying around which you might want to get rid of? I have the normal stainless swiss cheese disks on my bike and allthough the work perfectly fine, I have the urge to upgrade. With my bike's single seat fitted, all the carbon goodies and the high pipes, these disks are the last link to get my bike to the exact Superlight/FE spec.

Even if someone know where to get these and what the going rate is...is would help a lot.

At first I was seriously considering getting me the Galfer wave disks and allthough I think they look very cool, my 900SS is maybe just a bit too old fasioned for such flashy disks.

Thanks

Andre

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
Brembo stopped making the cast iron version but I can get the stainless steel version of the SP rotors. If you can not locate a set of the discontinued iron rotors, please contact me and I'll get you a set of the stainless SP rotors...

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Moto,

What does the stainless version of the SP rotors look like? Is it like the new 1000SS's disks or does it have the same carrier as the cast iron ones with just the outer part of the disk being stainless?

Here's a pic of the ones I'm after.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have a set of these Rotors availible that im looking to move. Original SP units, Cast Iron, lil dirty but should clean up nice, and (as im sure you know) they are lightweight and the stopping power is unparalleled.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Johnny, If gorma900 doesn't take these PM me please. I have them on my SP and would love a set for my SS.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Johnny, If gorma900 doesn't take these PM me please. I have them on my SP and would love a set for my SS.
Johnny/Mark, thanks but I was lucky enough to find a brand new, unused set on eBay some time after the initial post above.

Here's a pic:

Attachments

·
Registered
168 Posts
Here's what I don't understand. I have the so-called cast iron disks on my 900FE but there is never any rust on them. On the other hand, the cast iron Brembos on my 1991 Guzzi Lemans always have a bit of surface rust where the pads don't rub. Are the so-called cast iron Brembos were talking about really cast iron?

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Nice find gorma !!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Here's what I don't understand. I have the so-called cast iron disks on my 900FE but there is never any rust on them. On the other hand, the cast iron Brembos on my 1991 Guzzi Lemans always have a bit of surface rust where the pads don't rub. Are the so-called cast iron Brembos were talking about really cast iron?

Surface rust could be due to the compound of your brake pads. You old pads could have a higher metallic content, so they could be getting embedded into the rotor surface.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts