Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first Ducati. I found that the previous owner had blocked off what I believe to be a breather hose that runs from the bottom of the tank (hose at the 11 o'clock position with tank on prop rod) and down the right side of the engine. Since that seemed to defeat the purpose, I removed the plug and got this leak started. Thus the plug, I guess... :confused:

According to the workshop manual this hose is supposed to run to the charcoal canister. Any thoughts on this annoyance?
Thanks in advance,
Brad

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,678 Posts
If either of those hoses are dripping, you’ll have to pull the fuel flange and tighten the clamps on the in tank hoses. May need to replace them if deteriorated, but I bet you can just tighten the clamps. Good time to repkace the filter since you’re in there.

·
Premium Member
5,678 Posts
I suppose it’s also possible that the tank has been overfilled at some point and you’re seeing left over fuel still in the hose... You could just pull the hoses off at the bottom of the tank flange to see if you have a drip at the sourse. Both those hoses should be dry under normal conditions.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If either of those hoses are dripping, you’ll have to pull the fuel flange and tighten the clamps on the in tank hoses. May need to replace them if deteriorated, but I bet you can just tighten the clamps...
Previous owner had just replaced the internal lines/filter/pump so you could well be right. I'll go for a short ride tomorrow to burn off more gas and report back. Thanks for the response!
Brad

1 - 4 of 4 Posts