Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as I posted before, I just had my 2015 Multi delivered to Hawaii from FL. I just had a chance to take it for a ride and noticed I could not put on cruise control. Then I tried to change rider modes while moving and it kept telling me to let off the brakes. I noticed the front break felt kind of mushy, the rear seems the same as always. When I pull the clutch in it continues to roll smoothly, and the break light is not on until I actuate the breaks. The fluid looks good. As I pulled into park I got an ! inside a triangle indication. Any ideas. Its still under warranty, just need to get it 14 miles to Honolulu. Would it be safe to drive it there or should I load it up?

·
Registered
292 Posts
I'm only guessing, but my guess is that one of the switches in the front brake (not break) lever/master is stuck.

That would explain the inability to engage cruise.
Not sure if it explains the warning light (which to my understanding is an ABS fault) and that makes me a bit more concerned, as you may have more than one issue going on.

So, regarding your final question. If the brakes (not breaks) are definitely not dragging, and are definitely functioning correctly....I would be tempted to ride it to the dealer.

That is my choice, weighing the risks. If I made the wrong decision, I wouldn't sue someone else for their advice or my choices.

On second thought, pay someone to transport the bike. Can't be more than $50-100 for 14 miles, even in Hawaii (yes, I've been there, many times).

Please report back.

Best, Rich

·
Sophomore Member
3,192 Posts
I think you're fine to ride it there. If you have concerns of the brakes being stuck slightly on, go a mile or two and stop to see if the brakes are really hot. The electronics wont prevent your brakes from working, you just might not have ABS.

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Check the front brake switch. It should be depressed when the lever is all the way out. Does your brake light work properly with the front lever?

Reactions: Wolverine1

·
Registered
506 Posts
Elevate the front wheel (on center stand) and spin the wheel by hand. If the brakes are being applied (electronically?), you'll feel drag. I can't imagine it is, but you should feel it with a spin of so.

·
Registered
212 Posts
One of the first failures I had on my 2015 was the rear brake switch. The symptoms were the generic warning icon on the dash and the inability to use cruise control. I don't think I had problems with the ride mode selection though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts