Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hurrraaaaaayyyyy!

I've found a listing for World Superbike on SpeedTV for the opening round:

Sunday : February 26, 2006 (times are EST)

12:00 pm FIM World Superbike Championship
Qatar - Race 1
NR
1:00 pm FIM World Superbike Championship
Qatar - Race 2
NR

This is a big relief because it looked like they were dropping all forms of interesting racing from the channel (WRS is gone, for example).

Stephanie

·
Premium Member
8,765 Posts
Great, I love WSBK. I'm mad they are not stopping here in the states. Since they kicked them out in favor of MotoGP, at least put them at the new track in Utah. I would go, 9 hours I'm there.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
John said:
Great, I love WSBK. I'm mad they are not stopping here in the states. Since they kicked them out in favor of MotoGP, at least put them at the new track in Utah. I would go, 9 hours I'm there.
Barber Motorsports Park!!!.....the only reason they lost the awarding of the track for the US GP was due to Mazda's infusion of money to do any and all things necessary to get the US GP to Laguna...IMHO!....so bring WSB to Barber!!!

·
Registered
125 Posts
zooom said:
Barber Motorsports Park!!!.....the only reason they lost the awarding of the track for the US GP was due to Mazda's infusion of money to do any and all things necessary to get the US GP to Laguna...IMHO!....so bring WSB to Barber!!!
Yamaha was the White Knight for the '05 GP...They spent the $2,000,000 to update the track to get it there. Actually Laguna-Seca is the ONLY track in America to recieve grade A homologation from the FIM... In the long run I'm guessing that a vast majority of the $7,000,000 for this next round of improvements will come from places other than Mazda because after the neighboring cities, county and potential sponsers saw the attendence numbers (153,653-the biggest weekend in the 49 year history of ML-S), a lot of people are commiting a lot of money in return for positions as sponsors.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.