Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had decent ride today since putting it together after a low slide it into turn 6 at Blackhawk. Everything felt ok, except I get a slow vibration in when braking. Can't feel it on a hard brake but as I get down below 15 ot 10mph it becomes noticeable. New EBC pads, EBC floaters from the 90'somethings. It felt like a warped disk.

Got it on the lift and spun the tire around, naked eye could not tell if the disks were warped or not. I did notice that the right side caliper was sitting really far to the inside. Not so on the left. No spacers or nothing.
Thoughts? I kind of doubt it's anything from my get off. Maybe stuck piston on that side? These are the original calipers.

Not sure if that crooked buttong means anything either.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Yes, a crooked "buttong" is a problem, get the wheel off and put it on a truing stand and check the runout on the disc. If the pads have free range of motion, being slightly offset at any moment in time might not be serious, but you reasonably can expect to rebuild them because of the age anyway.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I know this will piss someone off, and I will get hate mail replies --BUT I personally will not use nor install anything made by EBC--I think their product is absolute crap---yes I know there are some out there that love EBC and their products---But I am not one of them--I have seen too many issues with their pads, & rotors. In my shop I even Refuse to use anything made by EBC to my customers--I tell them if they want to use EBC parts --then they can do the work themselves. as far as I am concerned EBC is the Wal-Mart of parts----- If you use EBC crap then expect problems---Stop being cheap purchase a quality product.

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know this will piss someone off, and I will get hate mail replies --BUT I personally will not use nor install anything made by EBC--I think their product is absolute crap---yes I know there are some out there that love EBC and their products---But I am not one of them--I have seen too many issues with their pads, & rotors. In my shop I even Refuse to use anything made by EBC to my customers--I tell them if they want to use EBC parts --then they can do the work themselves. as far as I am concerned EBC is the Wal-Mart of parts----- If you use EBC crap then expect problems---Stop being cheap purchase a quality product.
This is not really a EBC thread. Are you saying they are the (new) pads? If not the cheap EBC's then what?

Any suggestions on why my caliper is off center?

·
Registered
143 Posts
The button might be crooked because the disc is being pushed over by the caliper/pad. Check out if the disc is centered in the caliper when you remove the brake pads. If it is, there is an issue with the brake pistons. If the disc is still off center, the issue is with the position of the disc, and I'd check that the front axle is mounted correctly to start with

·
Premium Member
3,550 Posts
Just to clarify.
Left side rotor is centered in the caliper.
Right side as pictured is not and the rotor seems to be touching the caliper body.
you crashed.

if I have that right is sounds like the rotor took a hit so I would start by removing the wheel from the bike and taking the rotor in question off. If you have a known good (straight) rotor test fit in the place of the questionable one. Lay the questionable rotor on a flat surface and measure to outer surfaces. Look for a bent carrier and if it is not bent check all the buttons to see that none are seized. Are these full or semi floating rotors? If full floating you should be able to disassemble them and clean/check components better.

If both rotors are off center look at the wheel for and signs of a spacer moving or damage. Are the wheels stock oem or aftermarket? Some aftermarket wheels use snap rings as bearing seats and if one popped out of its groove the wheel can shift on the bearings.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts