Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 900ss is in need of brake rotors. I curious about EBC rotors in particular and wondering if anyone has experience with these. They claim a 5 to 10% weight reduction as compared to stock that aids in handling. If someone has a better suggestion I’m open to that as well, I want to keep the price for fronts under $450.

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
I have used EBC rotors on other bikes and cars.
I have been very happy with them

Reactions: walduc

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi, I use for my 748 a pair of cagiva mito rotors, these are the same of the early desmoquatro, but a lot cheaper.

On the advrider page one guy just post a lot of stuffs for a 1996 900ss, the rotors are in $85; you must go be logged to can check this.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice guys! I’ve replaced the rear already with an OEM part, looks like Sport Bike Track Gear has the EBC’s on sale so it looks like I’m going that route.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Galfers wave rotors dropped 2 1/2lbs of unsprung weight and now I have TRUE 2 finger Stop on A Dime Brakes

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
I used EBC wave rotors on my Moto Guzzi V11 - which has exactly the same Brembos as my ST3. Was very happy with them and they weighed less. Rebuilt the calipers at the same time.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Found and ordered EBC’s on Amazon, saved $20 and free shipping. EBC MD2003X

·
Registered
53 Posts
Good stuff - I think you'll be happy with those. I assume you are getting new pads too. And do think about rebuilding the calipers - or at least cleaning them so the pistons push out and retract equally. That makes a big difference in brake feel and even wear.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good stuff - I think you'll be happy with those. I assume you are getting new pads too. And do think about rebuilding the calipers - or at least cleaning them so the pistons push out and retract equally. That makes a big difference in brake feel and even wear.
Yes Scud_CA, the Front and rear brake systems have been completely rebuilt, new seals and lines along with a new master cylinder. Pads have been replaced as you mentioned. The original rotors are close to minimum thickness and the rear was slightly below. The bike has 25k miles on the original pads and rotors.
What I’m concentrating on this year is everything that surrounds the engine internals and frame. Next year, the frame comes off and to the powder coater, the engine gets refreshed. Stay tuned ......

·
Registered
763 Posts
rotors...

My cast iron front brakes with aluminum carriers ended up being worn badly, so I replaced them with stock 748 stainless steel rotors. Saved about 2-3 lbs per rotor, if I recall correctly. Bolted right up...

Fred

·
Premium Member
2,496 Posts
My cast iron front brakes with aluminum carriers ended up being worn badly, so I replaced them with stock 748 stainless steel rotors. Saved about 2-3 lbs per rotor, if I recall correctly. Bolted right up...

Fred
The discs or the carriers? You know Liam (fastbikeguy) does replacement carriers for the iron discs that are nice looking, better quality than OEM, and fit and work well (I have a set on my SL)?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts