Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was about to replace my stock brake reservoir with a 15ml Rizoma billet job. My shop guy says it's OK but the seller says "no" and to stay with at least a 25ml size.

I believe that the brake system does not "circulate" fluid and that the only reason that there even IS a reservoir is to allow for increasing fluid volume requirements as the brake pads wear down. Heat generated at the points of contact will heat up the directly adjacent fluid in the calipers and under heavy, continual braking that heat may accumulate and move through the fluid all the way to the reservoir - but that would only happen in extreme circumstances - if at all. What do you guys think?

·
Old Wizard
3,006 Posts
I agree with you.

However, a lot of riders tend to forget about slow-changing hydraulic fluid level checks, so a larger reservoir would be safer for them. You need to be more vigilant about checks with smaller reservoirs.

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
One of our track customers had fading issues with his brakes. He made a lot of changes but could not get rid of the fading.

It stopped when he removed the little Rizomas and installed the large Brembo brake reservoirs.

I use the Medium Rizoma reservoirs on my street bikes with no problems.

-M

1 - 5 of 5 Posts