Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hay, racers got a track day 20th Dec, Perth Motoplex, my old GT has done 20k on the stock pads what brand of pads should I use, oh wise ones any advice?

·
Registered
204 Posts
EBC HH Sintered pads are the best you get. They really improve braking performance and feel, especially on track.

You may also want to use race spec brake fluid. I do a lot of track days on my SC and find that I need to bleed/replace my brake fluid on a regular basis as I have been known to 'boil' my brakes on a 2 hour session....not fun when you are at the end of the main straight only to find the lever comes back to the bar:eek::eek::eek::eek:

R

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
EBC HH Sintered pads are the best you get. They really improve braking performance and feel, especially on track.

You may also want to use race spec brake fluid. I do a lot of track days on my SC and find that I need to bleed/replace my brake fluid on a regular basis as I have been known to 'boil' my brakes on a 2 hour session....not fun when you are at the end of the main straight only to find the lever comes back to the bar:eek::eek::eek::eek:

R
A two hour session:eek: Most I've ever done was 45 minutes and I was dragging my butt the last 5 hoping for the checkers. Do replace my fluid on a regular basis, use Valvoline Synthetic Dot 4, and have had good luck.

EBC HH +1, except in the rain.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
+ another one for the EBCs

to the other poster how did you get 2 hours out of a tank?
i dont think can we run 2 hrs on our big endurance tank, i've done 1:45 but that was enough for me.

·
Registered
204 Posts
+ another one for the EBCs

to the other poster how did you get 2 hours out of a tank?
i dont think can we run 2 hrs on our big endurance tank, i've done 1:45 but that was enough for me.
Answer...you don't! I get 30 to 35 minutes then need a refil (fuel and lucozade).....then straight back out before the tyres cool down too much! For clarity I usually run around 10 litres per fill and that does me around 25 to 30 miles on track :eek: Red line + open termi's = large fuel bill!

I tend to do open sessions of either 2 or 3 hours, so you can go in and out as much as you please...until you run out of fuel or slide down the track etc!

R

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Answer...you don't! I get 30 to 35 minutes then need a refil (fuel and lucozade).....then straight back out before the tyres cool down too much! For clarity I usually run around 10 litres per fill and that does me around 25 to 30 miles on track :eek: Red line + open termi's = large fuel bill!

I tend to do open sessions of either 2 or 3 hours, so you can go in and out as much as you please...until you run out of fuel or slide down the track etc!

R
gotcha!
try running a 6 hr race...kill 2 rears, 1 front and 24 gallons
each rider tries to do 1:30 or more on the bike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts