Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all,
time for some new pads on my 07 800SS. Ive been looking like crazy and most brands ,galfer,EBC, and few others stop at 2003. Are these pads the same? I would like to set up HH sintered in the front. Anybody out there have some suggestions. thanks

chris

·
Registered
19 Posts
Brake pads

I have tried both Organic and Sintered. Performance friction and EBC respectively. EBC have strong initial bite, organics do not...In essence, If you enter a corner too hot you may have a better change of scrubbing a few MPH safely with the Perf Fric (organic pad). I do not trail brake, and finish my braking befor turns on the track so I am used to a good bite, plus I can usually outbrake others with the EBC. The EBC will leave a very fine coating of copper on your stainless rotors. This results in what seems as excessive brake drag when wheels are cold and on a wheelstand (or warped pads). If you go EBC or other sintered, then back to organic, go over your rotors with emery cloth or some such to "de-plate" if you will, the rotors of Copper. Good Perf Friction organic pads (RR 07 BGBAP) should apply to all SS 1999 and up. I have heard that the EBC have thinner backing plate and tend to warp easier, but I have not personally measured this myself. I cannot remember the digits for EBC, just cross ref or call yoyodyne and talk to Fred, he can help.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts