Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Continuing to prep for the 999R wheel install, did a "dry" mock yesterday where I just moved to stock brakes out of the way for now. There's pretty much no way the stock lines are going to work. I'm putting on a radial master from an 848 and the calipers are the gold 4p/2p ones that have the banjo fitting on the top rather than facing outward (the latter is how the 999 4p/4p calipers are set up I believe). Now before I go through the process of having custom lines made up (which I know is the best solution but is a more $$ and time rather than just bolting something on), I was looking around and it seems like possibly lines from a S2R 1000 might work out ok. These calipers look like the same style those bikes used. Was wondering it anyone has tried that combo?

·
301 Posts
Hey greggers,
JC will have something for you.
Cheers,
SM

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Continuing to prep for the 999R wheel install, did a "dry" mock yesterday where I just moved to stock brakes out of the way for now. There's pretty much no way the stock lines are going to work. I'm putting on a radial master from an 848 and the calipers are the gold 4p/2p ones that have the banjo fitting on the top rather than facing outward (the latter is how the 999 4p/4p calipers are set up I believe). Now before I go through the process of having custom lines made up (which I know is the best solution but is a more $$ and time rather than just bolting something on), I was looking around and it seems like possibly lines from a S2R 1000 might work out ok. These calipers look like the same style those bikes used. Was wondering it anyone has tried that combo?
I actuallly did almost the same install last year (999R wheels, Gold 4p/2p calipers and Radial RCS) and I totally was able to use my stock brake lines. Granted, it was not a perfect fit, but with a little effort I was able to get them to fit. My intention was to get some FrenTubi lines made, but haven't got around to it yet.

I have just been too lazy to measure and figure out which fittings I need. :think:

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I actuallly did almost the same install last year (999R wheels, Gold 4p/2p calipers and Radial RCS) and I totally was able to use my stock brake lines. Granted, it was not a perfect fit, but with a little effort I was able to get them to fit. My intention was to get some FrenTubi lines made, but haven't got around to it yet.

I have just been too lazy to measure and figure out which fittings I need. :think:
Interesting, it seems to me like the lines will end up sticking out loops to each side of the bike, which would possibly end up with death and carnage when it gets caught on something (for example when I am legally sharing lanes with other motorists).

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Interesting, it seems to me like the lines will end up sticking out loops to each side of the bike, which would possibly end up with death and carnage when it gets caught on something (for example when I am legally sharing lanes with other motorists).
I thought the same when I first test fitted them, but once everything was tightened up MY lines were pefectly parellel to the front forks. (See pic below).

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
I thought the same when I first test fitted them, but once everything was tightened up MY lines were perfectly parellel to the front forks. (See pics in this link). This is obviously not ideal, but I have ridden like this for months, so you should be able to ride like this while waiting for new lines to be made up. Let me know what you end up ordering so I can order the same setup :)

6,048 Posts
The most cost effective and easy lines would be the SYSTEM WITH ADAPTERS
Down load the Fren Tubo Catalog
Measure out the line length Minus 10MM +/-
This will allow for the Banjo
then
Select the Banjo in the catalog that would best work

The System with Adapters are easy as the lines you order will have a female threaded nut at both ends
and the Banjo has the male
Makes it easy to clock the lines to the banjo for proper routing

Good luck
JC

1 - 7 of 7 Posts