Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i've added a brake light flasher/modulator to most my bikes, but it's been a while and i’m wondering if there are any recommendations for 2015 multistrada 1200s?

ideally it's plug and play (i'd prefer not to cut into the wire harness) and allows for some choices in the flash pattern, etc.

this one seems decent, maybe a bit overboard on the configuration options (100k flash patterns to choose from) - SupaBrake-3 Ducati motorcycle tail light modulators | vizi-tec

any others you like? reviews?

·
Registered
510 Posts
i've added a brake light flasher/modulator to most my bikes, but it's been a while and i’m wondering if there are any recommendations for 2015 multistrada (2015)?

ideally it's plug and play (i'd prefer not to cut into the wire harness) and allows for some choices in the flash pattern, etc.

this one seems decent, maybe a bit overboard on the configuration options (100k flash patterns to choose from) - SupaBrake-3 Ducati motorcycle tail light modulators | vizi-tec

any others you like? reviews?
I used GB smart for DVT 2016, if you need it here is the link https://www.ducati.ms/forums/129-pa...9-fs-gear-brake-smart-brake-light-module.html

·
Registered
51 Posts
The modulator dr. jones posted looks cool, but it still relies on stock lamp unit? Upgraded lamp units are brighter. Brighter is better. I put on the Blaster X a few months ago and have very good results. It is plug and play. The Blaster X has several flash modes available too if you install an additional grounding wire. I did not and am just going with the stock mode which gives a quick burst then steady bright. I keep an eye in the rear view mirror and repulse my brakes if I see potential danger approaching while stopped. Blaster X is about twice as bright as stock and looks great.

I looked at a few others and found the looks, the fit and finish, and led pattern inadequate. The Blaster X is an upgrade in looks and performance.

I want more light not less, so I don't want to incorporate the turn signals. Blaster X has the capacity to do that, but I just want full on brakes and separate turn signals. So I got these LEDs,
http://a.co/imEw876
They go inside the stock turn signals and they are probably 3 times brighter than the stock lamps! Really BRIGHT! Plug and play and no problem with electronics.

I also got the Ducati Performance front fog LEDs which gives my front end greater brightness than most cars.

I am a new rider in the last few months, but I come off over 40 years of riding bicycles in urban traffic. I believe lots of light is the single biggest thing you can do day and night to increase presence and visibility. Look at cops who have to pull over the side of the road. Lights are their friend, not high vis suits.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I'd looked at the Blaster-X, but didn't realize you could install it as a brake light only - i assume you were required to use their integrated turn signal feature. the descriptions on their website seem to promote the integrated turn signals as a major reason someone would buy.

like you, i prefer to keep the stock turn signals (upgraded to LED). so, if you are in fact able to use the Blaster X without the integrated turn signal feature, i'll definitely give them another look.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

·
Registered
259 Posts
I'd looked at the Blaster-X, but didn't realize you could install it as a brake light only - i assume you were required to use their integrated turn signal feature. the descriptions on their website seem to promote the integrated turn signals as a major reason someone would buy.

like you, i prefer to keep the stock turn signals (upgraded to LED). so, if you are in fact able to use the Blaster X without the integrated turn signal feature, i'll definitely give them another look.

You can definitely keep the stock signals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
510 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts

I have mine set up just brake only and turn signals are still stock units separate.

Out of the box the Blaster X works as a regular brake light with a pulse flash upon initial input from the front or rear brake. You can manually pulse it as many times as you want by repeatedly pulling the brake lever. The stock brake connector plugs into the Blaster X connector and you don't use the other wires that come with the Blaster X. It is plug and play.

If you want to set up turn signal modes or other pulse modes you have to wire turn signal wires into it or use the additional ground lead to program it.

Blaster X is super bright too, about 2 times brighter than stock.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts