Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I have a 1998 ST2 with the OEM brake and clutch levers/reservoirs. The levers are a bit chewed up and I was wondering if any lever would work or if I need Brembo specifically. Thanks.

·
Registered
'02 ST4S
1,389 Posts
I had CRG's on my '98 ST2, I'm pretty sure they only used the "coffin" style reservoir that year so availability might be limited. There are a couple of threads on this if you do some hunting. Also plenty of aftermarket options...

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Freakin sweet but once I ordered I remembered the discount. Oh well. Fourty one bucks and Im back in business. THANKS!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Good suggestion [email protected] - As nice as those aftermarket adjustable, custom anodized levers are, they aren't inexpensive and easily busted in the event of a tip over. I'm currently running with one silver (polished) lever and one OEM color for brake on my '99 ST4. Just one of those little annoyances that drives me nuts.
(I think I heard that the polished clutch lever on my bike came from an Aprilia, as memory serves...)
I'm curious as to the difference in spec's for these levers - is it the Pivot diameter referred to when shopping/ ordering them, and if so when was a production change made?

·
Registered
608 Posts
I'm curious as to the difference in spec's for these levers - is it the Pivot diameter referred to when shopping/ ordering them, and if so when was a production change made?
Good question. I know the "large pivot" references the larger 12mm hollow pivot screw, which are for the 'late' model Brembo MC's. I just don't know where the delineation for late model and early model falls.

I'm not sure, but I believe that late model refers to those with the coffin masters or remote reservoirs.

Hopefully some Brembo guru's will chime in here.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I picked up some of those cheap Chinese adjustable levers off of eBay a while back. I didn't worry about color fade as I was just getting the silver ones anyway. They needed some adjustment with a file to fit, but after that little adjustment, they've been working great ever since.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts