Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All ,

After a nasty encounter with a small deer at approx 50 mph, i lost most of the bite from my front brake which i now know is due to a warped brake disc. I am, of course going to replace both the disc and the pads but would appreciate it if anyone could recommend whether i should get sintered (if not standard) , and whether it is possible to get a wavy disc .

Also, can you get the matt black paint for my 2001 750ss from a local ducati dealer ? Thanks for your replies .
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
5,827 Posts
Go for it.

Wave rotors are good, go for it if yan can afford it.

The dark paint is tough to match.
What I did was use a flat black paint, then coat it with a satin finish polyurethane.

Looks perfect!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,393 Posts
Let's talk about whats really important here.

Good God Man ! A collision is one thing and new brakes are a good idea, but let's get to what is really important. How did you cook the Bambi ???



matstar750ss said:
Hello All ,

After a nasty encounter with a small deer at approx 50 mph, i lost most of the bite from my front brake which i now know is due to a warped brake disc. I am, of course going to replace both the disc and the pads but would appreciate it if anyone could recommend whether i should get sintered (if not standard) , and whether it is possible to get a wavy disc .

Also, can you get the matt black paint for my 2001 750ss from a local ducati dealer ? Thanks for your replies .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bevel450 said:
Good God Man ! A collision is one thing and new brakes are a good idea, but let's get to what is really important. How did you cook the Bambi ???
Well ! its interesting you should ask, bevel 450 .
A top chef might cook the venison carefully to keep the meat tender and then serve with a sauce with loads of french words in its name and a couple of severely undercooked vegetables , but me?................... Bambi burgers , avec le ketchup de tomate !!??

P.S; no offence to Vegetarians, Top chefs or the french .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,751 Posts
matstar750ss said:
Well ! its interesting you should ask, bevel 450 .
A top chef might cook the venison carefully to keep the meat tender and then serve with a sauce with loads of french words in its name and a couple of severely undercooked vegetables , but me?................... Bambi burgers , avec le ketchup de tomate !!??

P.S; no offence to Vegetarians, Top chefs or the french .
Bambi burgers gooooooooooooooooooooooood
Bambi Stew better!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ref.Bambi,the ducati hardcore's recipes

Hey guys , heres us talking about cooking baby deer and at the bottom of the page there are related threads to 749 issues and electrical problems ..............................................er....................go figure!!!!


ps no offence to vegetarians ,749's or 749 owners, people with electical problems or the people who run this marvellous site, gods that they are !
phew....... sucking up sure takes it out of ya. I'm goin for a lay down.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top