Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After the rebuild I've been doing some short test runs and noticed the front brakes heating up and starting to drag - I know the risk this leads to so didn't run any further. I checked the solutions recommended on here including lever adjustment for the return bleed but the pistons were moving smoothly and the callipers had been fully refurbed.

Then I notice the new pads have a anti-squeal plate and the tabs on that were fouling on the retaining clip - actually stopping the pad returning properly. This was the case on both front callipers. I expect it is an issue only for these Goldfren pads.
After filing off the bump on both clips/springs the pads move freely and the brakes no longer bind. Could have been a sad end to my project though!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Having a similar problem with a set of DP pads. No heat shield but pad is so chunky it's forcing the Pistons all the way into the calliper making it difficult to the brakes to release. I'll rebuild the calliper and see how we go.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Having a similar problem with a set of DP pads. No heat shield but pad is so chunky it's forcing the Pistons all the way into the calliper making it difficult to the brakes to release. I'll rebuild the calliper and see how we go.

My friend and I had a similar problem rebuilding the front brakes on his MG. Pads were just a bit too thick to fit in the caliper. A solid flat surface and some 150 then 400 grit sandpaper knocked the pads down enough to fit just right. Only needed to sand off a mm or two.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts