Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1994 900SS CR, 2002 998 Trackbike
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says, I've got a set of these calipers and masters used (from a 2003-2005 749/999) to go on my 900ss. I'd like to rebuild them with fresh seals first. Does anyone have a source for a rebuild kit, or even just the exact model number for the calipers? And master cylinders?

And, does anyone have a picture of how the brake light switch is supposed to look on the brake lever?

·
Registered
581 Posts
I believe this is what you are looking for in regards to the calipers. I have not found a source for the master.

·
Registered
57 Posts
KTM sell repair kits where Ducati often fails. And for better prices (at least in .de / .at).
The early 990 SuperDukes run the same P4 brake callipers.

61013019100 are the piston seals, 27 €.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks - ordered the kit from powerhouse UK. I believe i got a rebuild kit for a different set of brakes from them years ago actually.

Now to find a kit for the masters... They seem to work ok as is anyway, at least as far as I can tell on the bench, but those rubber bags that protect the piston rod are torn.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Thanks - ordered the kit from powerhouse UK. I believe i got a rebuild kit for a different set of brakes from them years ago actually.

Now to find a kit for the masters... They seem to work ok as is anyway, at least as far as I can tell on the bench, but those rubber bags that protect the piston rod are torn.
Don't waste your time, they're not available as a service item, it's been covered many times (happy to be proven wrong though......)
The brake light switch is a tiny micro switch that has two pins that press fit underneath the M/cyl and the lever has a spring steel tang that depresses the switch when pulled.
The clutch safety switch is exactly the same.

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Don't waste your time, they're not available as a service item, it's been covered many times (happy to be proven wrong though......)
The brake light switch is a tiny micro switch that has two pins that press fit underneath the M/cyl and the lever has a spring steel tang that depresses the switch when pulled.
The clutch safety switch is exactly the same.
They are available as a KTM part, # 61013008000

See pics ....
Food Automotive tire Rim Gas Auto part

Automotive tire Gas Fashion accessory Cuisine Metal

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
The plunger boots are (nice to know!) but while KTM offer caliper kits I don't believe anyone offers M/Cyl kits
Sorry, I thought you were talking about the dust boots :)
I wouldn't be surprised if KTM (or possibly Aprilia) did offer something, just figuring it out would be the hard bit. I think the older Super Dukes ran a PR18 m/cyl from memory....

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice! Good thing everyone around here is a KTM dealer so those should be easy to get

·
Registered
99' 996
649 Posts
Gotham Cycles sells some master cylinder repair kits, as mentioned not all of them are available though. I would try contacting them. If they dont have what you are looking for try finding a local gasket and seal manufacturer. When I was in manufacturing Nashville Rubber and Gasket used to make custom seals and gaskets for us all the time.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just spoke to Gotham and they also can't get rebuild kits. They said they tried to have some made but didn't have any luck. I may have to just throw the new dust seals on there and call it good

1 - 12 of 12 Posts