Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm checking my pads on my 999 and wanted to get the dust out of the caliper while they are off the bracket-anybody have a suggestion on what to use to clean the caliper in the pad area?
Thanks, Jeff

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hard to beat compressed air and Wurth Brake Cleaner....at least in a past life servicing Performance Machine brake calipers...I'm about to do the exact same thing on my ST4s

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! what is a popular brake pad for these bikes-still has OEM Brembo's. Looking at EBC....anybody have a favorite street compound.

·
Registered
331 Posts
EBC's are crap for anything other than sedate street ridding. Even at a fast street pace, they tend to fade fast. My preference is SBS Race Sintered pads. Vesrah and DP also have some very decent pads along with Galfer and Ferodo...but the SBS's are usually priced less and provide great lever feel with plenty of stopping power that is easy to modulate.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
The Ducati OEM pads (Brembo) is pretty good for fast riding, but tends to fade after a while when you hit the track.

SF

·
Registered
857 Posts
EBC HH are pretty decent.

I heard Carbon Kevlar (? not sure about the name, but carbon something) are better than EBC (an EBC sponsored rider told me this ;)). I am going to try the Carbon Kevlar next time. ~$80 for front calipers.

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,879 Posts
I installed the axial Brembo 4 pad (998R) calipers and new EBC HH pads at the same time, so I don't know how much of it is due specifically to the pads, but the combination was a tremendous upgrade over the stock calipers/stainless lines/Brembo radial master setup I had before.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts