Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy All,

I'm too embarrassed to say how long it's been since I've been on the site or (so sad) even ridden my beloved. Been one of those spring/summers.

Trying to make up for the neglect. Doing a lot of service and need/want to flush out the brake and clutch lines. As it is just me (well the dog is here but she does not have opposable thumbs) I was thinking I would replace all my bleed valves with those EZ bleeder screws. The ones with the ball spring check valve in them. I have used them on my truck with success.

So what I need is the size of the bleed screw and thread count. I am not keen on removing them to check without my bleed set up and ready to go.

Cheers

Chris

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorta feeling dumb now!

Found this stuff on Ebay. Does not have the part number for the clutch though.

The name is Speed(y) Bleeders not EZ Bleed

The front bleeders are 8mm by 1.25 and they are Speed Bleeder part number: SB8125L.

The rear bleeder is 10mm by 1.0 and they are Speed Bleeder part number: SB1010S.

·
Registered
5,899 Posts
pretty sure ours are 8 x 1.25 maybe someone else will chime in.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've used plenty of speed/ez bleeders and really see very little difference between them and doing it right with the regular stuff. Just use one of the surgeon/blood bag looking bleeders with it above the nipple somewhere and you are all set. Heck as long as the fit is tight and the hose travels upwards for a few inches for the air bubbles to collect you are good to go.

I'm not saying they don't work, just that on a bike everything is so easy to get to it just isn't really worth the effort to replace. Plus as soon as you take the nipples off you are guaranteed to get air in there so you have to deal with getting it back out...

If you really want to buy something there are plenty of air pressure powered bleeders that do a better job and will work in your cars as well.

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wouldn't mind doing it the old fashioned way it is just I don't have a helper! I don't have the $$ right now (buying a house) for the bleeder system I want. I don't even remember the name but it hooks up to the bleed nipple and forces the fluid up through the resevoir. Pretty slick and it gets rid of the air bubbles too!

Damn lottery just never chooses the right numbers

Cheers

Chris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts