Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So wondering if I want to lower the reservoirs, looking at the brackets the brembos could be lowered slightly and still be above the master cylinder to functino I think.

The other thought is to get the reservoirs on the brutale (these are nissin) and the only thing decent about the brakes on that bike.

Chris

Attachments

·
Registered
169 Posts
I think you're saying that the resevoirs look too high on the bars??:( and I agree.

What I did was simply bend down the brackets,which was easy, and this did improve the look and for Zilch.;)
I have seen some Brembo race resevoirs somewhere which were very small and flat.:eek:

·
Registered
262 Posts
I want to lower the reservoirs, looking at the brackets the brembos could be lowered slightly and still be above the master cylinder to functino I think.

Chris
The Ducati Manhattan guys are currently putting together a plan to hide the reservoirs all together. I'm not sure what they have up their sleeves but they think they can bring them below the bars.. will let you know when they tell me their thoughts. My bike is supposed to be in this weekend, so they are pulling the mirrors, adding lanesplitters then doing whatever they think they're going to do with the reservoirs. Stay tuned...I think they currently look ridiculous as well...

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll be most definately interested in seeing how they solve this.

Chris

The Ducati Manhattan guys are currently putting together a plan to hide the reservoirs all together. I'm not sure what they have up their sleeves but they think they can bring them below the bars.. will let you know when they tell me their thoughts. My bike is supposed to be in this weekend, so they are pulling the mirrors, adding lanesplitters then doing whatever they think they're going to do with the reservoirs. Stay tuned...I think they currently look ridiculous as well...

·
Bon Vivant
11,125 Posts
The only reason the reservoirs look bad is because the dang gauge and headlight is too low, My plan is to change that and maybe even add a fairing (if one of the mfgs steps up with something appropriate). Then you won't even notice the reservoirs.

·
The Engineer (Tell your mom hey)
1,642 Posts
The only reason the reservoirs look bad is because the dang gauge and headlight is too low, My plan is to change that and maybe even add a fairing (if one of the mfgs steps up with something appropriate). Then you won't even notice the reservoirs.
why not just buy a 1098 if you want a fairing?

·
Registered
262 Posts
I am doing Rizoma black reservoirs and they are going to re-mount them level with the bar (or below if they can get it to work). Think it will make a huge difference.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
I'm going with small gold rizoma reservoirs to match the gold forks. If you really don't like the look of the reservoirs you really don't need them, you can simply have small rubber tubes with a little fluid inside and then seal it at the end, it's only lubricant. The only problem is having to break the seal and change the fluid more frequently. The standard ones are big and clear so you can see when the fluid needs changing. They are however way to big for my liking.

·
Bon Vivant
11,125 Posts
it's only lubricant.
Sorry, that is not correct. Brake fluid is for creating and holding hydraulic pressure. Your brakes and clutch will not work without it and there is a minimum amount required for the system to work properly. I don't know the specific tech behind it but I'd sure do a little research before I changed the reservoir size.

·
Old Wizard
3,006 Posts

You need a reservoir to maintain a constant fluid volume in the system. It has to be mounted above the master cylinder piston because it uses gravity to return fluid to the cylinder (through the left port in the above illustration.). When the fluid is heated by the brakes it expands and the excess volume is sent to the reservoir (through the right port above) which in turn holds it till it's needed again
Constant fluid volume gives you a self-adjusting lever.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts

You need a reservoir to maintain a constant fluid volume in the system. It has to be mounted above the master cylinder piston because it uses gravity to return fluid to the cylinder (through the left port in the above illustration.). When the fluid is heated by the brakes it expands and the excess volume is sent to the reservoir (through the right port above) which in turn holds it till it's needed again
Constant fluid volume gives you a self-adjusting lever.
Sure, but this process is done in the assembly before the fluid canister. I'm simply saying they don't need to be that big as long as you are willing to change the brake and clutch fluids more frequently.

The pic bellow is a GSX R Streetfighter of the guy who is putting the Rizoma parts together for my Duc SF S (black). I think the size reservoir he runs is perfect, on the rear brake he runs a sealed rubber tube with the brake fluid in it. Think i'll go this size Rizoma reservoirs front and back in gold.

Attachments

·
Old Wizard
3,006 Posts
I'm simply saying they don't need to be that big as long as you are willing to change the brake and clutch fluids more frequently.
I agree, a smaller reservoir unit will suffice. My point here is that they have to be mounted above the master cylinder for the system to function properly.

·
Registered
34 Posts
are you really, really ....really really sure, wanna f...k with the breaking system.

remember:
thou shalt not f..k with the brakes!
one bubble and your out!

on my side... clip-ons..(rather wide)
top triple from d16rr (same offs-set)
999 reservoirs)

whatever keeps it low is good.
whatever will kill ya! (that story about the tiny tubes is funny...reckless. but funny)

·
Registered
34 Posts
not

Sure, but this process is done in the assembly before the fluid canister. I'm simply saying they don't need to be that big as long as you are willing to change the brake and clutch fluids more frequently.

The pic bellow is a GSX R Streetfighter of the guy who is putting the Rizoma parts together for my Duc SF S (black). I think the size reservoir he runs is perfect, on the rear brake he runs a sealed rubber tube with the brake fluid in it. Think i'll go this size Rizoma reservoirs front and back in gold.
nice photoshop!...............not!
nice bike.................. ... !

1 - 19 of 19 Posts