Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Blue Monster s4R he got as a present from "mrs. smith" ... they like the upright naked sports bikes, he and mrs have a pair MV Brutales (maybe more :D ... it's nice when you have unlimited $$$)

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
MV_999R said:
Good for him.

But, so what?? Only a fool would buy a Ducati (or any other bike) just because Brad Pitt have one.
I dunno if that is a fair statement.

Isn't just about all consumerism, and just about anything we do, based on endorsements, following someone's lead or example, or simply because someone inspires or motivates us? Woods, Rossi, Armstrong, to name a few in sports.

While Brad is not in any Ducati ads, nor held himself out as a bike authority, many "non-fools" will get the same bike because that's what he rides.

Kinda like ties. At a point it worked its way to Washington to wear those aqua blue ties. Blue has been "the tie" to wear now for the past few years. A lot of men wear that color simply because Washington and Wall Street wear it and not because they like the color.

Now there are some definite fools out there, such as the people who bought the same white Ford Bronco that OJ Simpson used to make a dash for the border after killing his wife and Goldman.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
3,120 Posts
I’m not a big fan of either one of those “stars”. (Brad’s picture about Troy was one of the worst movies that I have ever seen.) I agree with MV 999R. I wouldn’t spend the kind of money that it takes to get a Ducati because some star did (or didn’t) ride one. I will say that they have good taste in motorcycles. I hope they enjoy them.

I thought I read somewhere that they were riding BMW F650’s. (Maybe I made that up.)

·
Registered
407 Posts
WTFC?

How many bikes would you or I own if we had huge $$$? Yup, that's probably how many he has - including race reps, cruisers, choppers, trailies, dirt bikes... there is probably quite a stable to choose from.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I like when "fools:think: " or "non fools" buy Ducatis. Better deals for me, when they get bored with it.;)

·
Premium Member
8,766 Posts
I thought I read somewhere that they were riding BMW F650’s. (Maybe I made that up.)[/QUOTE]

I've seen pictures of them riding the BMWs. They were properly decked out and I suppose enjoyed the fact no one could ID them. Freedom from being harrassed.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Dont be dumb guys he was at motogp and apparently made an effort not to detract attention from the real stars that day he just wanted to enjoy it like the rest of us. Imagine not being able to go anywhere or do anything without being harassed.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Jus_Livin said:
I like when "fools:think: " or "non fools" buy Ducatis. Better deals for me, when they get bored with it.;)

Very good point and well said. Some of my best buys have been from sellers who clearly did not think things out before buying a certain bike. They simply bought on impulse, such as reading an ad, for example.

When I bought my R1 the guy selling it looked like a wimp who bought it because he thought it would make him a man. In fact, when I asked him why he was selling it with so low miles [about 1800 miles] he admitted to me that the bike "scared him" a few times. I got that bike about $3000 less than what it should have sold for.

But, I don't know if he was a "fool" which is technically defined as one with poor judgment and little intelligence. Albeit, his buying the R1 was a FOOLISH decision. :p

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
scottrwilliams said:
Dont be dumb guys he was at motogp and apparently made an effort not to detract attention from the real stars that day he just wanted to enjoy it like the rest of us. Imagine not being able to go anywhere or do anything without being harassed.
I read an interview in some race magazine and they asked him about his riding. He specifically said that he enjoys being on a bike because when he has his helmet on no one knows who he is and he can enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
291 Posts
My purchasing influence isn't because X or Y person have one...

Because my Ducati gives me as much of a boner as Brad's wife:>

I wonder if DNA will call asking for me to endorse their products.<hahahaha>

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
fraz said:
My purchasing influence isn't because X or Y person have one...

Because my Ducati gives me as much of a boner as Brad's wife:>
Are you sure it's not Brad himself thats giving you the Boner :D in that case I agree ... Angelina and Ducatis, yup that's the bullseye. Brad Pitt is a lucky bastard, I hate him. :alien:

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
MV_999R said:
Good for him.

But, so what?? Only a fool would buy a Ducati (or any other bike) just because Brad Pitt have one.
For me, and perhaps this says something about me, I'm more likely to say, "Gawd I can't stand Brad Pitt...but at least he rides a Duc," than say, "I really want a GSX-R1000, but Brad Pitt rides a Ducati so I will too."

But that's just me.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts