Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had box's of bits(748) so i decided to build up a bike.couple of problems along the way but nothing major,UNTIL...i took her out for the first time.i'll start at the beginning.she's had new plugs,coils/leeds,fuel filter.she starts and ticks over nice.took her out for a run and she pulls great up until about 8k revs and then hits a brick wall like i've hit a rev limiter.i must add i think the 748 engine is a 853(i can't remember?) but i'm running a 748 eprom as i don't have a eprom for a 853.my question is would a standard 748 eprom make a 853 engine run like the problems i have?.
P1011643.JPG

·
Registered
'06 S2R 1100 Custom, '12 SF 1040
648 Posts
Does your clutch switch work? If the engine thinks the clutch is pulled in, it’ll lower the limiter on newer ecus, but I’m not sure on the older ones

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does your clutch switch work? If the engine thinks the clutch is pulled in, it’ll lower the limiter on newer ecus, but I’m not sure on the older ones
hi alex,the bike has no clutch switch.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
the 853 is 14% bigger than the 748, so the 748 eprom should, on average, be in the region of 15% too lean.

·
Premium Member
941 Posts
What do your tail pipes look like? If I’m not mistaken a really lean condition will make the inside of the tail pipes white/light grey in color.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts