Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rever Corsa strongly believes in the quality of BST carbon fiber wheels, and they have simply destroyed all the misconceptions of carbon fiber wheels. Not only are BST carbon fiber wheels stronger and lighter than anything else available they also cost about the same as Magnesium (the only comparable material). Forged Magnesium Wheels are close in weight, yet the BSTs are lighter in the outside, Rim Area, making for much less rotational mass for better handling and power delivery. These wheels have been TUV tested to bounce off of a concrete floor over 250,000 times and still go straight on to race bike with no flaws in strength, trueness, or balance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OM0HXrN3_yQ

·
Home of vortex tuning
1,648 Posts
Impressive, I've always wanted a set but $$$$. I don't think my stock wheels would take hopping curbs at speed (Hyper). How will the CF take that abuse, ever tested on motocross bikes?

·
Premium Member
2,244 Posts
I've seen them for KTM supermoto bikes and I'm pretty sure we jump those a bit higher than curbs....:D

·
Bobaganoosh
2,048 Posts
I know I have been gone for a while, is there still the question/internet battle of BST's being weak and exploding on the track? :eek:

·
Trackday Junkie
1,374 Posts
I know I have been gone for a while, is there still the question/internet battle of BST's being weak and exploding on the track? :eek:

Nope. It's been established that the BST's are probably THE strongest wheels you can get. What happened 'to that one guy' was a chain of events from a crash that the wheel shattered when hitting a curb after flipping like 20 times in the air!

For me, I toured, canyon-raced, drag raced, track day'd the absolute hell out of my BST's that were on my Hayabusa. Had 'em for 6 years, barely a scratch on 'em. They are incredibly well engineered.

Many have said, as I am saying now, that they are the best bang for the buck for the money they cost! You handle way better, you stop faster, you accelerate quicker! They are worth it, oh yes, they are very worth it!

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
I believe those are the Supermoto BST wheels in the video. The ordinary street wheels have less spokes (or thinner ones) I think. Still, an amazing wheel!

·
Premium Member
2,244 Posts
I don't know about the BST website but they have had the 7-spoke Mamba wheels for a while now. It's a street wheel.

·
Premium Member
2,244 Posts

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
We've been bouncing a couple display BST wheels at events and at the shop for almost 10 years now.
The bearing races came loose after about 8 years of repeated bouncing but the CF portion of the wheel is still good.

My son can dribble the BST display wheel like a basketball.

The wheels are very durable.

-M

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
I have seen those wheels and how beautiful they are. I nearly had a heart attack when that guy bounced them. :eek:

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
The 1098/1198 has the large axle and the large rear rotor. Only the 7 spoke has enough offset to clear the brakes and the larger diameter hub.

-M

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh, you might be right. I know about the axle, hubs and brake, just thought there was a 5 Spoke that fit. Thought we had it in stock, but have it in 5 and 7 Spoke for the Monster 1100/S2R/S4R and 916/996/998, not the 1098/1198. My bad, but I'll check with BST. I love the 5 Spoke, just got some for my Desmosedici RR. Look Great!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts