Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this tail section because mine was damaged for my 2010 SFS and I needed a replacement. The OEM one was way too much. I found this at Shift-Tech. I had ordered other parts form them in past and they have been very nice quality. I just got this the other day and I was very impressed with finish. I thought I would share this on forum in case someone else was looking for tail section. I guess I needed an excuse to add carbon...:D . I will be puttting on bike over the winter since I have a few more things to replace.
The icing on the cake for this part, is that Shift-tech has 10% discount and free shipping for forum members.

Attachments

Registered
You could have posted a WTB ad, I have one hanging off the basement joists somewhere!
Either way, carbon is the way to go IMO and with Shift-Tech you sure get primo quality. Congratulations!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You could have posted a WTB ad, I have one hanging off the basement joists somewhere!
Either way, carbon is the way to go IMO and with Shift-Tech you sure get primo quality. Congratulations!
Your right, I didn't even think about that. I was a little freaked out by OEM price $850:eek: . I figured I needed a excuse to go to carbon:). I do need front rotors:) . I'm tring to find some and it looks like only OEM ones have the caps in them for Traction control system. The aftermarket rotors don't seem to have them.

Thanks

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
This tail should look great with aluminum gas tank...just saying...

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
:):):) I agree, That maybe in the cards after I get the rest of parts to put bike back together. She needs a few more things. Here is what she looks like now:( The front wheel took a little hit. I was able to get that fixed

Attachments

Registered
Thats the wheel before and after the "little hit". Holy crap i would've thrown that thing in the dumpster.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thats the wheel before and after the "little hit". Holy crap i would've thrown that thing in the dumpster.
Yeah, I know:eek:. I thought there was no way that could be fixed. In the after picture the impact area was right side..opposite side of valve stem. They did a awesome job. I found a local shop ( Alloy Wheels, OEM wheels, Aluminum Wheel, Rim Repair in Atlanta GA | Metro Wheels). They fixed it and powder coated it for $175 total price. That in itself is awesome. They could not match OEM bronze so I went with a black that they had. It is darker than picture. I do have to replace wheel bearing because of straighten and powder coating but that is much cheaper than new front wheel (OEM - $1750):eek: . I was looking at buying new sets of wheels because of that price.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts