Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I just picked up a 2011 848 EVO. From my research, this was an ex AMA Daytona Sportbike bike, and built as such. It's since had the street stuff put back on, and went through another owner, and now to me.

I bought it to only ride track with, so I removed some of the street stuff - btw, is that stuff worth keeping to sell? Mirrors, tail light piece, headlights, etc.. The bike also came with race fairings, race fairing stay, subframe, and 2 spare gas tanks. I will most likely put the race fairings on, but i'd like to get a feel for the bike first.

Here is what it came with:

- Race Tech GS-3 shock
- Race Tech 25mm fork cartridges
- Ducshop rear suspension link
- GPR steering damper
- 1098 Ride height adjuster rod
- Nichols 30mm offset triple clamps
- Microtec ECU
- Leo Vince full exhaust
- STM slipper clutch
- AFAM sprocket carrier
- Power Commander quick shifter
- HEL brake lines
- Woodcraft rearsets
- Speedymoto water pump
- Speedymoto frame sliders
- Speedymoto clutch cover
- Speedymoto clip ons
- Motionpro throttle tube
- RSracecraft motor (I have no way of checking)

Anyways, here are my questions:

- The dynojet quickshifter was plugged into an OEM looking plug (3 wires) that goes directly to the Microtec ECU. I have currently unplugged it as was setup for GP shift. I flipped the shifter back to normal shift. If I change the quickshifter into a 'push' type rod, how do I wire it back to the Microtec? It looks like the DJ quickshifter was modified to work with the Microtec ECU. I don't think I can buy a DJ push type quickshifter and just plug it back to the Microtec?

- How do I find out what mapping I have on the ECU? I did not get the USB cable and software. Should I just find someone that can tune Microtec and have them check? I looked online and can't seem to find where I can buy the cable and software separately.

- The dash at startup has a custom message 'GRRRRRR' and when I toggle through the options, I see the DTC option (set to off). I know the bike does not have DTC since there are no wheel sensors, etc. Do I have a dash from a newer bike with DTC option? I know the custom startup message can be set with the Microtec.

- The kickstand rubs the factory bodywork. Is my kickstand bent or the kickstand bracket bent? (please see pics, I put a piece of tape over where it rubs)

- The bike has a stalling issue where you come to a stop, and the RPMs will dip and stall the bike. Some say to check the valves, some say to check mapping, some say to check idle speed. The bike has been sitting with old gas and some stabil in the tank, which may be the culprit.. Any ideas? Obviously this is not an issue with track riding, but i'd rather have this fixed sooner than later. I've only ridden the bike up and down the paddock and it seems fine otherwise.

Anyways, thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
138 Posts
I can't help with any of your questions except if you want get rid of your mirrors, I could use them. my bike came with small aftermarket ones...

great bike and I looked at getting a track bike to run on the street as it had LOTS of engine work but an illness put me out of work for three months in January and when I got better the bike had sold.

someone more knowledgeable than I should be able to help you sort it out. good luck!

·
Registered
205 Posts
If its a track bike why did you remove the GP shift? Might i suggest you put it back and learn to use it correctly?

on the last issue clearly the bike is telling you "DON'T STOP! RIDE ME!" ;)

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can't help with any of your questions except if you want get rid of your mirrors, I could use them. my bike came with small aftermarket ones...

great bike and I looked at getting a track bike to run on the street as it had LOTS of engine work but an illness put me out of work for three months in January and when I got better the bike had sold.

someone more knowledgeable than I should be able to help you sort it out. good luck!
Thanks, and make me an offer on the mirrors if serious.

If its a track bike why did you remove the GP shift? Might i suggest you put it back and learn to use it correctly?

on the last issue clearly the bike is telling you "DON'T STOP! RIDE ME!" ;)
I've tried GP shift, and it's not for me. I ride Supermoto as well, and I bang the shifter down for down shifts, and I guess i'm just programmed to do that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts