Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like I have to take my new to me '04 ST4S, which is great except my seat sucks. I'm wondering if there is anyone in the Bay Area who might loan me their seat for a couple of weeks. A good quality stock seat would do, but of course a Sargent or even Corbin would be great. Just if you're not using your bike, be happy to pay or trade for the rental. Contact me at [email protected].

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,921 Posts
It looks like I have to take my new to me '04 ST4S, which is great except my seat sucks. I'm wondering if there is anyone in the Bay Area who might loan me their seat for a couple of weeks. A good quality stock seat would do, but of course a Sargent or even Corbin would be great. Just if you're not using your bike, be happy to pay or trade for the rental. Contact me at [email protected].

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk
Shoot us a photo of your seat? Because if your seat sucks, it has to be the early model and not what belongs on a 2004.
All seats after 2003 were fantastic, ride all day, no worries! The early ones were unbearable for more than an hour.

Craig

·
Registered
60 Posts
There is a used 05? seat on eBay. Item 112443185367
Try it out. Recover it with a Sargent seat skinz if you like it.

No affiation to auction

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Shoot us a photo of your seat? Because if your seat sucks, it has to be the early model and not what belongs on a 2004.
All seats after 2003 were fantastic, ride all day, no worries! The early ones were unbearable for more than an hour.

Craig
+1

The newer seats (MY 03+) are the best. No need to upgrade to an aftermarket. You'll love life w/the new seat.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
+1

The newer seats (MY 03+) are the best. No need to upgrade to an aftermarket. You'll love life w/the new seat.
Should read (MY 04+) as the seats changed with the front fairing facelift for the 2004 model. I put the 06 seat on my 03 and its great!

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Should read (MY 04+) as the seats changed with the front fairing facelift for the 2004 model. I put the 06 seat on my 03 and its great!
Whoops, you're right. CB4265 threw me off; he mentioned 03 first. :nerd:

Get the 2004 and newer.

Reactions: Corse1

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yep, the later seat is as good as it gets. You need to consider your riding apparel also. Pants and underwear are important if your riding for long periods of time. I'll never wear jockey briefs again on a long ride! Seams become abrasive after long rides.

·
Registered
77 Posts
+1 for the stock seat
I have an 06 ST3. Some of my friends spent significant money on Corbin and Sargent seats, I've tried them on my bike and... In my opinion, they're no better way than stock. They actually feel less comfortable The stock seat lines up your body to the bike, handlebar, windscreen and footpegs, aftermarket seats ruin it.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts