Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After many many years of sticking to older bikes, I'm just (nearly) coming into the new millennium of bikes. Bought a '99 ST4 a few weeks back and loving it. I like the suspension and really enjoy the engine.
Have ridden many bikes over the years including five in line fours, four Moto Guzzis, three boxer twins and a Suzuki in a pear tree.
Have really enjoyed using this forum so far in researching pre purchase and setting up etc. Looking forward to being around for a while.

Attachments

·
Administrator
12,910 Posts
Hi and welcome. Congratulations on the new to you ST4. We have a active Sport Touring forum here and a lot of other great chatter. :)

Reactions: Captain Queernabs

·
Registered
4 Posts
I want to say I've seen a few of these around but never up close. What made you decide to get this specific model? I've been curious about the older Monsters, mainly because of the awesome exhaust sound. I feel like the latest generations of Monsters sound great but not that really monstrous sound.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I want to say I've seen a few of these around but never up close. What made you decide to get this specific model? I've been curious about the older Monsters, mainly because of the awesome exhaust sound. I feel like the latest generations of Monsters sound great but not that really monstrous sound.

I live in a rural area and wanted something that could tour and wasn’t too hard on the body. I was on a Guzzi lemans for five years and it was getting to the stage where my back and wrists were hating me. This is a nice balance - good performance and comfortable enough for a long ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts