Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For years I've wanted a nice watch but was unable to wear one on my left arm due to my dialysis access, and can't wear one on my right, I have no idea why.
But seein's how that's not the case anymore I've indulged in a very dangerous new hobby.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
This is the only one I have. It also has a wrist strap, but it hangs above my desk.
I don't like wearing anything on my wrist, and there are clocks everywhere.

100_3192.JPG

·
Mexican Ducatista
1,023 Posts
I love watches and prefer air pilot's over diver’s and car driver’s.

My everyday watch is a Damasko.
Damasko manufactures the official watch of German Eurofighter pilots and uses saphire cristal with Ice-hardened steel cases and crowns (so I don’t have to worry about scratches).

EBCCE625-5E70-4967-BEB0-24560686CF72.jpeg

·
Registered
6,249 Posts
I wear a Casio with a ten year battery ! It tells the time , the date , and the day of the week. It has hands that glow in the dark. When I damage it I won’t break down in tears.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I was big watch guy, wore one almost all the time. Fancy, not fancy, sports watch, diving watches (I don't dive), dress watches. But two years ago I got one of them newfangled smart watches (Garmin Fenix 5X). I don't ever see myself going back TBH. It just does so much more. If you do any kind of cardio sports it'd be hard imagining not having one. Distance, HR, Routes, Speed, Altitude. Pretty much everything but blood pressure.

Also tells you who's calling/emailing/texting w/o ever having to take your phone out.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I have an older Garmin Fenix too but I don't really use it much anymore. It's just too big and bulky...but it does work really well. I switched all of my cycling computers and gizmos from Garmin to Wahoo though - better accuracy and much more stable software

·
Registered
393 Posts
Panerai's are beautiful and excessively expensive lol. Just saw the new ones the other day - whew...$20K for certain models. Love the classic look though....

·
Just Visiting Your Planet
8,770 Posts
When my grandfather passed away, we found a vintage Omega Seamaster in with his stuff. We were like, damn that's an expensive watch. Turns out it was a fake. Hope he knew that. We'll never know.

·
Mexican Ducatista
1,023 Posts
Panerai's are beautiful and excessively expensive lol. Just saw the new ones the other day - whew...$20K for certain models. Love the classic look though....
Unfortunately the high prices of Panerai, Rolex and Cartier have driven a huge counterfeit industry. I also think that the watches of this brands are beautiful, but I hate the fact that 9 out of 10 you see out there being worn by ordinary people are fake.

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
18,335 Posts
What’s with the trend for huge watches that are as wide as a mans wrist? Looks silly to me but I’m a little old fashioned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
What’s with the trend for huge watches that are as wide as a mans wrist? Looks silly to me but I’m a little old fashioned.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old eyes love big watch faces ;)

I think the trend started with diving watches, they needed a big case to keep them waterproof at depth. Now with smart watches that are information dense, its just about display real estate. There is probably some subliminal social signalling conveying virility and strength but Ill leave that to our resident shrinks.

·
Mexican Ducatista
1,023 Posts
Some watches have large dials to allocate more numbers.

This is my 24 hours watch. A re-edition of the watches made for Swissair navigators in the 50’s. It was hard for them at times to be aware if 6 o’clock was am or pm.

·
Super Moderator
26,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Wow! That's amazing!
I knew there were going to be some killer watches showing up here.
Someday I'll have Swiss. Maybe better get a move on that the way things are turning out!

·
Mexican Ducatista
1,023 Posts
Wow! That's amazing!
I knew there were going to be some killer watches showing up here.
Someday I'll have Swiss. Maybe better get a move on that the way things are turning out!
Japanese watchmakers have great quality standards.
And some of them can be pretty expensive (check out Grand Seiko).
I have a lot of respect for them.

Swiss watches are beautiful.
And some of them are not as expensive as you would think.
You can look like a movie star wearing a Juvenia or a Hamilton.

Germany is another country in which great watches are made today.
I'd like to get a Nomos for myself. Pure Bauhaus simplicity:

1 - 20 of 65 Posts