Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a pair of boots they absolutely love? Just bought the Dainese Nighthawk boots. They are nice but I feel like I'm wearing moon boots. They just look huge.

Just looking for something that I can commute in and that will fit under a pair of jeans or slacks, but offer a decent amount of protection. I thought I'd ask the MTS brain trust for recommendations. :)

·
You're gonna love my nuts...
1,658 Posts
I'm wearing Dianese's Cafe Boot. I love it! Comfy, good protection & look sweet with jeans or leathers.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I have a pair of Alpinestars Web Gore-Tex waterproof touring boots that I absolutely love. Only protective boot I've ever owned that was comfortable enough to walk around in all day.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Vendramini Marathon Steels.

Not exactly stylin', but very comfortable and with all the protective features I could want, sort of a race boot. (Crushproof sole, steel reinforcement over the ankle on the outside, hard armour on the inside, shin guard).

Waterproof (goretex) and outlast.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I've tried Tourmasters, Spidi,Alpinestars,and a few others ( not Dainese yet though ) but right now for a year and a half I have been loving my ....get this... Joe Rocket Sonics.
They have a ski boot like strap going across the crown of my foot that is adjustable for every thickness of sock to wear, they have no zipper to malfunction, and have a soft sued on the inside so that they dont mark up the clutch side of the Multi....which is why I bought them from the start. 7,000 miles later I think they are the best boots I've ever had, and still provide great ankle support and OK walking comfort. Totally waterproof and I get a few compliments on them every so often at bike meets. The price is right too, they suprised me!
Jeff

·
Premium Member
12,295 Posts
Alpinestars Web Gore Tex...
No complaints at all...

·
Registered
89 Posts
I used to ride alpine stars mx2, wore them on the track, at the track, and around the track. Wore them out. Bought sidi, and they are. Nice but wish I would of bought alpine stars again. Sidi are hot

Sent from my iPad using MO Free

·
I WON Mrs Cupcakes ;)
2,958 Posts
i have several pairs but my current favourite is some dainese goretex type which are nice , but next time i go shopping i might look at the boots Timoz did a write up on some time back .

Timoz - are they still as good ?

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
I am on my second pair of Daytona Roadstar GTX boots and they are very comfortable. My first pair, after five years of almost daily use, only needed to be resoled. However I recently decided to treat myself to a new pair. I commute on my Multi and work in an environment where I am on my feet a majority of the day. There have been many days when I have left my Roadstars on, as opposed to switching to the Nike's I keep at work. They are that comfortable, at least to me. I have worn the Roadstars in cold rainy weather and very hot weather (100F +) with no problems. Daytona boots can be difficult to find, but they are worth it.

·
Registered
265 Posts
+1 on Frey Daytona

·
Registered
131 Posts
Basic pair of Gaerne's, very comfy and adequate protection and waterproofing. Good value for the bucks but will replace with a pair of Daytona's soon

·
Registered
605 Posts
Sidi Vertigo

Always been a Sidi guy....currently wear the Vertigo boots and love em

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Sidi vertigo on the street (retired from the track) and the A* SMX plus race boots on the track. Both very good but I think I'm going to go back to Sidi on the track as well.

·
Registered
72 Posts
If you looking for a lower cut, more shoe boot for commuting check out the alpinestar SMX-1. They are affordable, comfortable, and breathable.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I Will Wear No Other.

Frey Daytona's here. Took several months to get from Germany. Worth the long wait and every pretty penny spent. I have the Roadstar GTX also. May be a little bulky look wise up above the ankle. However, they feel like I have feathers around and under my feet. :D I use Silver Sokz in conjunction.

·
One Down, 8 to Go
159 Posts
Just replaced my Daytona's with Dianese Torque Pros. I love Sidi and have their road and MTB shoes, but their moto gear is just too wide for me. I tired on the Dianese and actually said the words "I must own these" out loud. Fit that good.

Dainese Torque Pro Out Boots - RevZilla

1 - 20 of 75 Posts