Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently been thinking that given the peg layout in the multi that I could invest in motorcross or supermoto boots to replace the race boots I have at the moment.

Anyone ride in boots like this? I was looking at sidi's offerings like the charger and crossfire. They look more protective than any race boots I have seen out there.

And before anyone starts with the off bike comfort, if I wanted something to walk around in I would put some flip flops under the seat.

Any opinions or experiences appreciated....

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
692 Posts
I haven't used MX boots on mine and I have some. But, an observation is that MX or CC boots are very high and stiff at the ankle. I'd wager that you'd be uncomfortable and unhappy with the way you'd have to shift the bike. As you probably know...to shift MX bikes you are doing more lifting the foot off the peg to move the shifter rather than articulating the ankle. FWIW.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I have recently been thinking that given the peg layout in the multi that I could invest in motorcross or supermoto boots to replace the race boots I have at the moment.

Anyone ride in boots like this? I was looking at sidi's offerings like the charger and crossfire. They look more protective than any race boots I have seen out there.

And before anyone starts with the off bike comfort, if I wanted something to walk around in I would put some flip flops under the seat.

Any opinions or experiences appreciated....

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
Wore them when I had my Husky 610 and was in the dirt a lot. I wouldn't use them with the Multi on the road. Overkill unless you're riding sumo style and backing the bike in everywhere with your foot down (in which case I'd ask why you're riding a Multi). When I don't care about walk around comfort, I wear my Sidi Vertigo race boots and I when I do care about comfort, I wear a pair of Alpinestars touring boots that are near as protective and incredibly comfortable. I can walk around in them all day and they are still pretty darn stout and protective.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I use the Sidi Adventure Goretex boots. These are called "Adventure" style boots but are built like a motorcross boot but a little more flexible and less hard shell. This makes them easier and comfortable to walk in.

I posted a full review here:
http://www.ducati.ms/forums/79-apparel-accessory-chat/107602-sidi-adventure-gore-tex-boot-review.html
This was almost a year ago and I wear them every day. They are dry, comfortable and waterproof.

As they are bigger than a pure road boot, you may need to adjust the gear lever up a but - and that is not a bad thing. The only downside is that they do squeek. Not enought that I care. A few days a go I sprayed all the areas that rub with 303 protectant and they are almost silent. Not sure how long that will last. The boots are showing no signs of wear at all. Pricey but awesome boots.

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
I where a pair of SWAT boots size 14us, I have a mesh pair and a waterproof set (and yes they are waterproof). I have no issues shifting.

·
Registered
60 Posts
This will be my third pair of the "SIDI Discovery" boots. No problems with water, I use Nikwax, they work great in the dirt and on the pavement, and are my everyday boot of choice. I've used the boot's with my BMW GS Adventures and my new Pikes Peak. My last BMW was center punched by one of those cager's turning left who didn't see the bike. The part of my leg protected by the boot did very well.

Ken
Ducati 1200S Pikes Peak
BMW R1200R
BMW R1100RT
Husqvarna 400CR
Norton 850 Commando

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have been using the SIDI Discoveries for about 3 months and am very happy with them.

The SIDI Adventures have a little more protection but those and the Discos are more on the adventure side. Crossfires are true moto and I want to walk around more in my boots so that is why I went with the Discoveries.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I use Siid Cross fires on my dirt bike. They are terrific for that role in that they have an ankle pivot. I think they are a bit too big, stiff and agricultural for a MTS. The SIDI's shown above look great. Also the Forma boots make a similar effort.
Personally I just have a pair of Gaerne weather proof road boots and love them

·
Registered
406 Posts
I have the Sidi Adventures too. They provide a lot less "feel" on the shifter and brake than a standard street or race boot. Overkill for the kind of riding done on a Multistrada.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Daytona Roadstar GTX.

Made in Germany. Not China.

1st rate craftsmanship, comfort, quality.

Work very well on the Multi.

I can't wear any other boot after buying Daytona boots.

Check out the Daytona Trans Open GTX. It is a Enduro style touring boot.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts