Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
sweet looking system for sure. I wonder how load it really is and if it would be completly annoying on trips?? And its $850 for the hyper.... seems like alot for a bend peice of pipe.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
they are extremely loud ! my buddie has em on his monster and it annoys me going down the freeway when im on my bike 40 ft away!i just dont think its right for the hyper it sounds good enough with termis,zard,etc.if you want to go that loud get a chopper.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Like others said, you can't call that a system. It's just a couple of bent pipes and no silencer.

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
I cut off my headers about 2 inches from the head, then zip-tied a megaphone to each.Sounded f'ing bad ass till' the megaphones melted.:mad:

·
Registered
290 Posts
Step away from the tubing bender!

·
Home of vortex tuning
1,648 Posts
WHAT, , What did you SAY? ? ?

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Those are perfect for Laguna Seca :eek:

·
Registered
290 Posts
On a serious note, wouldnt a set up like that just roast your valves? It seems that when i worked at a harley shop guys were having problems with their valvetrain after putting straght, unbafffled pipes on. Lack of backpressure was causing issues.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Typically its not lack of back pressure that caused by cooler air coming back through the pipes onto the valves... I would think that these pipe would be long enough to stop that, but its something to think about for sure

1 - 14 of 14 Posts