Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been agonizing over which bars to get--really hard to make a choice as everyone has their own favorite. I had not heard much about Bonamici, but the more I looked at them the more they made sense to me. Slight rise and a slight decrease in angle--Italian--perfect! So I bought a pair and installed them today. Very high quality, I was impressed. Took me a lot longer than it should have, but I took my time. The hardest part was getting the screwy switch box back on the bar on the left side. Man, no one is kidding when they say the fast idle cable is too short! Had drill a few holes in the bars for locating switches, but that was pretty easy. Used a spring loaded center punch to mark the pilot hole--piece of cake. Even if you are off a skinch, it really doesn't matter as long as the hole is close. The bars looked a little too long so I was going to shorten them up. However, a groove is milled into the bars to locate them via one of the cap screws. I didn't feel like trying to replicate that just to shorten the bars by a half-inch.

So...Bonamici clip ons were easy to install (mostly), look very nice, and they are a little lighter than the stock bars. No real clearance issues as the rise was only 10mm (plus the decrease in angle). I'll report back after the next ride--bet I won't be as sore the next morning...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Went riding today to check out the new bars. Amazing what a difference few millimeters make! Much more comfortable to ride, way easier on my old back and neck. I have nothing but good things to say about the change as it made for a more comfortable riding position. I do wish I could have the original bars on for track days (of course I could, but it is a moderate pain to swap them out), as you lose a little of the aggressiveness over the front end with them. If I used my bike exclusively for the track, the original clip ons make more sense. However, for general street riding and weekend canyon carving I'm very happy with the new set up and glad I made the change. My body will thank me the next morning! No negative issues with the fit and finish of Bonamici at all--recommended!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts