Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we are Ducati enthusiasts, but I thought this might be of some interest to some of us. I know I'll be there.

The new BMW S1000RR will be at the Triumph Grill for its St Louis debut presentation on Tuesday, Aug, 25th, from 5pm – 9pm. It will be at the Gateway BMW Motorcycles dealership in the morning of Wednesday, Aug 26th,and stay for most of the day.

http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=gx1tCErr

·
Registered
322 Posts
Hhahhaha Barack

You had better give it a year to get the bugs worked out of that BMW. Did you get that full system on yet. I put a K&N air filter in mine today. And also knocked the air restrictors out of the top of my air box. Still waiting on the 02 manipulator so I can richen the bottom up these are lean from the factory like we found out on your bike. I put mine on the dyno the next day sunday and had the same A/F ratio as your bike.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, they had intro problems with the K1200 series when the introduced them in 2005. Hopefully they wont have as many this time around.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I saw one of these at a local bike night in SoCal last month. It was in silver color and looked really put together. Very edgy looking and not sculptured like a Duc but still a cool looking bike. The headlight setup is a little different but I think overall an amazing bike considering the specs 193HP and under 15K dollars with ABS and traction control. Should be a big seller I would bet.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bump to remind everyone of this event tomorrow.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
For those of you that can't make it to Triumph Grille tonight or Gateway BMW tomorrow to check out the bike, there's one more chance to check it out: they will be bringing it to the Gateway Rockers bike night at the Sonic in Kirkwood, corner of Lindbergh and Big Bend across from Doc's Harley Davidson. I'll be there tonight and tomorrow night, so...

·
Registered
247 Posts
The bike is pretty sweet in person! I wished they had better lights shining on the beast, but even in the dim light it looked great. The guest speaker said the bike's form follows function and I enjoy the way it turned out visually. It felt great too! I can gladly say I was able, as well as many others, to swing a leg over and sit my butt on a brand new 13,000 dollar bike and was suprised at how light it felt! I did this in flip flops by the way :D

Carlos it was good seeing ya and thanks for prodding me to sit on the bike!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No problem. It was good seeing you and meeting Julie as well. The S1000RR is a very cool looking bike, even in the unfavorable light. And just so everyone knows, this bike is Nate Kern's actual race bike, and he was there and explained the features and everything. I think if anyone shows up for our Gateway Rockers bike night tomorrow, it will look better in natural outside light. The bike night is every wednesday from about 6:30pm until everyone leaves, at the Sonic in Kirkwood, corner of Lindbergh and Big Bend, across from Doc's Harley Davidson. Hope to see you guys there!

·
Registered
58 Posts
missed you guys, was sitting in the bar talking to Nicolea and my Dad.

Bike looks great and feels amazing when you sit on it. WOW. Have to say I was really impressed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts