Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend suggested I test ride the BMW f800GS to compare to the HM.
I did some internet searches it looked promising especially for the dual sport. Since I'm a trials rider it seemed natural for a cool dual sport.
But after riding the BMW, I still like the hyper!
I tried to explain how the hyper felt and ended up just telling him he needs to ride a HM. I'll be honest, I had a huge grin the whole time on the HM, but not on the GS. :cool:
Anyone have experience with the 800GS? Pros/Cons?

·
Registered
868 Posts
I know you just trying to get info, but for you info most Ducati riders think BMWs are for pussies and really old folks, not the regular old folks that most Ducati owners are but old douchebags... just bringing you up to date. Personally I don't care.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I know you just trying to get info, but for you info most Ducati riders think BMWs are for pussies and really old folks, not the regular old folks that most Ducati owners are but old douchebags... just bringing you up to date. Personally I don't care.
yeah really wet pussies
get them both and put 17"s on the BMW
carbon fibered out.. thank magical

·
You're gonna love my nuts...
1,658 Posts
Well...I came off a 1200GS ADV and even considering the 800GS versus the Hyper? Two different machines all together.

I would never hesitate to ride the GS off the pavement, anytime, anywhere. I would not do the same on the Hyper. I took one set of fireroads on my Hyper and while it was fun; I cannot see having scars and pitmarks riddle the bodywork of a Ducati.

I dropped my GS like crazy; went through 3 windshields, 5 sets of turn signals, 2 sets of engine guards; you get the picture. I treated my GS like a dirty whore and she liked it like that. My Ducati is more like my wife or a very expensive mistress; she must be treated well and she doesn't like it in the ass...

Two different machines, period. However; both very capable and beautiful ones at that.

:D

PS; nice X BTW credit!!!

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
A friend suggested I test ride the BMW f800GS to compare to the HM.
I did some internet searches it looked promising especially for the dual sport. Since I'm a trials rider it seemed natural for a cool dual sport.
But after riding the BMW, I still like the hyper!
I tried to explain how the hyper felt and ended up just telling him he needs to ride a HM. I'll be honest, I had a huge grin the whole time on the HM, but not on the GS. :cool:
Anyone have experience with the 800GS? Pros/Cons?
Shucks, Antigrav is just being hard on the BMW guys, If I were going to do Adventure riding, and long runs to out if the way places the BMW 800GS would my choice, I like it much better than the 1200GS (lighter, simpler, & cheaper) especially if it involves more dirt, the Hyper is for a much different purpose, a fun Hooligan bike, for canyons, tracks, & streets, with no aspirations of being a dirt bike or a long distance tourer. Aloha Alex

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Well...I came off a 1200GS ADV and even considering the 800GS versus the Hyper? Two different machines all together.

I would never hesitate to ride the GS off the pavement, anytime, anywhere. I would not do the same on the Hyper. I took one set of fireroads on my Hyper and while it was fun; I cannot see having scars and pitmarks riddle the bodywork of a Ducati.

I dropped my GS like crazy; went through 3 windshields, 5 sets of turn signals, 2 sets of engine guards; you get the picture. I treated my GS like a dirty whore and she liked it like that. My Ducati is more like my wife or a very expensive mistress; she must be treated well and she doesn't like it in the ass...

Two different machines, period. However; both very capable and beautiful ones at that.

:D

PS; nice X BTW credit!!!
Another shucks, I treat mine like the dirty Whore she is, I run her HARD and make her SCREAM till she can't take no more, & then I give it to her in the ass, and if she's real GOOD I may hose her off! :D LOL Alex

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I thought about getting a 800GS before I got my Hyper.
It depends on how much offroad riding you would do
In my case I don't think I'd be offroad nearly as much as on
so I figured the Hyper would suit me better. If I had more
money I would consider buying one as a second bike.
But after seeing Credits 450 I think I'd rater have that.
The Hyper and the GS are very different hard to compare
One thing I do know the Hyper is the most fun I've ever had
on a bike.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Another shucks, I treat mine like the dirty Whore she is, I run her HARD and make her SCREAM till she can't take no more, & then I give it to her in the ass, and if she's real GOOD I may hose her off! :D LOL Alex
Hey don't get your dick stuck in the tailpipe cause that would be hard to explain!:DLOL

·
Registered
255 Posts
... think BMWs are for pussies and really old folks, not the regular old folks that most Ducati owners are but old douchebags...
My friends call me many things, pussy, old... and really old
but douchebag is not one of them

I've got one of each, although a GS1200; they're great for their own specific fun-factor, often I'm out and about and wished I had the other one under me...but that's the stress one gets for having a choice:D

Certainly wouldn't be taking my Hyper where the GS goes at times!!

:D:D

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the replies! Glad to see I'm not the only pussy for even considering a BMW! I wouldn't ride the hyper on any single track, but my friends have done some back roads that are gravel. I think it will do ok for once in a while riding, it's a tough decision and one that needs to be given much thought.

The one thing I didn't like about the GS is it seemed to be rather large and hard to control~ I'm relating this to the term flickable I see here allot.
I felt in control on the HM, like I could just swerve around something in an instant. The GS seemed like a boat and need room to do the same.
Not sure if I'm explaining this very well, but the only bike I own is a Beta trials bike and it's flickable!
I'm thinking I'll probably mostly ride on the street, so still leaning towards the HM. I can see me riding some trails on the GS, but it's only 2~3 times a year. I typically ride my trials bike on them now, and I'm betting if I was on a BMW I'd wish I had the trials bike anyway! (its a truly go anywhere bike! :eek:)

I enjoyed reading the story here of the guy touring on the HM, and would love to do something similar. Then again the GS would fit that well too.
Decisions decisions.

Can anyone comment on maintenance between the two?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts