Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, was wondering if anyone is using this product on the the SS. I have a BMC filter in my car, like the fact I can clean & reuse, so was wondering besides longevity, if there's any noticeable power increases. I'm also modifying the airbox a bit, removing the snorkles.

There's 2 kinds for our bikes, a Standard and Race. I picked up the Race one since it flows even more air than the Standard.

Anyone with experience, please chime in!

Thanks!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Removing the snorkels will make the bike run worse unless you get it tuned again (see brad blacks blog Brad The Bike Boy: More carby model SS and Monsters airbox lids and snorkels ).

I've run my 900ss without the snorkels and that required main jet change from 130->150 and needles 1 clip higher. The idle mixture needs to be set also. Removing the snorkels makes a lot more noise which I didn't like and doesn't make the bike feel any more powerful. In fact you'll lose hp if you dont get it re-jetted (with a wideband lambda, not just blindly install a jet kit).

The re-usable filters usually don't filter the air as efficiently as the paper filter and bring no significant hp increases.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hello, was wondering if anyone is using this product on the the SS. I have a BMC filter in my car, like the fact I can clean & reuse, so was wondering besides longevity, if there's any noticeable power increases. I'm also modifying the airbox a bit, removing the snorkles.

There's 2 kinds for our bikes, a Standard and Race. I picked up the Race one since it flows even more air than the Standard.

Anyone with experience, please chime in!

Thanks!
I thought Oil and Air Filter threads are illegal ............. just joking :)
Anyway, worth reading .....

Air Filters - Ducati Up North

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Removing the snorkels will make the bike run worse unless you get it tuned again (see brad blacks blog Brad The Bike Boy: More carby model SS and Monsters airbox lids and snorkels ).

I've run my 900ss without the snorkels and that required main jet change from 130->150 and needles 1 clip higher. The idle mixture needs to be set also. Removing the snorkels makes a lot more noise which I didn't like and doesn't make the bike feel any more powerful. In fact you'll lose hp if you dont get it re-jetted (with a wideband lambda, not just blindly install a jet kit).

The re-usable filters usually don't filter the air as efficiently as the paper filter and bring no significant hp increases.

Ahhh shit! Luckily the place I ordered the BMC filter was out. I'm canceling that order ASAP!

Thanks for the info...thought it was going to be an easy way for a bit more power but no such luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts